Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

SF1 series engine question

Happy New Year to you all!

I have a dilemma regarding the way things work in SF1 series, more precisely, the objects in game. This is the situation:

I play the game with WOI engine , which, everybody knows, it's the most advanced for SF1 series. I have in the OBJECTS folder custom objects and WOI's left objects (mostly with data.ini file and the ini file). What I wanna know...? I wanna know which of these phrase are true and which aren't and , of course, why:

- If I add the new objects (the custom ones made by community) to the type.ini of the DESERT map (the first in the SF1 series), after that action , would they be chosen by game's engine , randomly, as targets, in single player mission on the map? (I am referring to the SEAD, CAS, ANTISHIP and STRIKE missions of course, AIr-to-AIR are different and they don't involve objects)

- If I don't add them to the type.ini, would they be picked, randomly, by game's engine, BUT NOT as targets, in single player mission on the map ? (I am referring to the SEAD, CAS, ANTISHIP and STRIKE missions of course, AIr-to-AIR are different and they don't involve objects, too)

- Does the game engine use the targets from the type.ini  exclusively for the campaigns ?

If you ask yourself why I didn't experimented for myself yet these situations, the answer is : I did, I added one custom mobile SAM radar in DESERT type.ini, it appeared on the map in the SP mission chosed, but I saw also the other custom objects (many of them , but not all, of course), in the same single player mission, on the DESERT map as well. So in other words, I want to be sure about what I am doing, cause it's a lot to do to set a game as you like it to play it and I don't want to work and feel stupid in the same time cause I didn't know for sure things.

Thank you.

Edited by UllyB