Sign in to follow this  
sukhoy34

soundlist.ini problem

Hi friends, I need help with something, my soundlist.ini file is not working, I delete this file working all options, but it doesn't work when you replace it.

I dont understand why crashing game.

Please help me, thank you.

SOUNDLIST.INI

I'm not sure how the soundlist would cause a game crash... what was the exact situation that was the cause of the issue? The soundlist file is less important in SF2 than 1 as you can direct files to sounds that don't necessarily need to listed in the soundlist... though if you want to change the parameters of those sounds in the game you have to write them up in the ini. Even if the soundlist.ini isn't in the mod folder the game should revert to using the soundlist file in the game .cat files, may have issues playing added sounds but I don't think I've ever encountered a ctd from a soundlist issue. Have you added in any new terrains or are running a new mod install? Because I think those are a more typical candidate for a ctd.

I looked through your .ini file up there and I don't see any issues with that stand out to me (it's actually super organized)... you're sure it's being put into the correct folder? What's your general file structure look like? When you remove the soundlist from the mod folder, does the game work like it should, and only CTDs after you put the modded soundlist.ini back in the mod folder?