BassoRider

Problem installing Falcon 4.0 BMS

Hello! Maybe my first post here, or long time no see… :)

A return to flight simulators, and I hope for some guidance. Anyone else been through this?

I failed at installing BMS. When I ran the setup.exe, it installed the game on my D-drive, but I wanted it on my faster C-drive. If there was an option to choose location, I missed it. I couldn't find an un-installer, so I simply deleted the game folder from my D-drive. Now, when I try to install the BMS simulator again, it asks me to delete a registry entry that doesn't exist, and then quits. I ran CCleaner to clean the registry, but that didn't help. 

I have of ourse the original Falcon 4.0 installed on my computer (I own the old boxed game from -98). Falcon BMS 4.33 U1 Setup was patched to Update 5. Please see the enclosed picture. 

Greetings, BassoRider

BMS.jpg

The keys to remove for 4.33 (regarding that message) are in the attached zip file for a clean install - That supposedly does U5 double click to run (or check manually) 

Clean_Public_BMS_4.33 U1-3.zip

Edit: Check for key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Benchmark Sims\Falcon BMS 4.33

Then if you can install BMS 4.34 which is the latest version.