Sign in to follow this  
Rezrex

TARGET profile for T.16000M joystick and TWCS Throttle to use with SF2 series

TARGET profile for T.16000M joystick and TWCS Throttle to use with SF2 series

Hi!

The idea of creating a T.A.R.G.E.T profile for the T.16000M + TWCS Throttle combination to use with the 
Strike Fighters 2 series was born from the following desires:

- Since I fly with the 'hard' FM setting, I wanted to have a working trimming system that wasn't the half-working
      workaround that can be done by editing the controller settings in Default.INI.

- I also wanted to be able to play with the joystick curves to find the sweet spot for controllability and
      responsiveness. (This is still work in progress, curves are still linear for the time being.)

- I wanted to be able to use shifted buttons, so I don't have to rely on the awkwardly placed buttons on the base
      of the T.16000M.

- I wanted specific actions to only activate on long button presses, so I couldn't activate them accidentally.

Because of the need for a trim system outside the simulator itself, instead of a normal T.A.R.G.E.T configuration 
(created by using the GUI), I've decided on writing a T.A.R.G.E.T script from scratch. This decision also opened the 
gates before adding more features and further customization in the future.

This is the 1.0 version of my script, meaning that it's the first complete, fully working release. It's got all the
basic features I wanted to implement, along with the working trim system, and two countermeasures (chaff/flare) 
programs. The axis curves are still linear for now, since I didn't yet have the time to tinker with and test them.

All the needed information is in the README.txt file. I hope some of you will have a use for this and will enjoy it!

Cheers!