Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

Canadair CL-13 Sabre F.Mk.2

Canadair CL-13 Sabre F.Mk.2

The second generation of Canadair Sabre aircraft, and first to be built in quantity,
was the Mk 2, with 350 produced from 1952–1953. The RCAF received 290 of these improved
aircraft. During the first half of 1952, the remaining 60 Mk.2s were supplied to the
U.S. Air Force for use in the Korean War. Most RCAF Mk.2 Sabres were utilized in the air
defence role with NATO's No. 1 Air Division in Europe, proving itself to be an outstanding
dogfighter. Others were assigned to the training role at bases in Canada. After replacement
by the Sabre 5 in RCAF service from 1954, just over 210 surviving Sabre 2s were overhauled
and modified in the UK and supplied in roughly equal numbers to the Greek Air Force and
Turkish Air Forces.

WHAT'S IN:

- a new plane
- 11 high rez skins
- decals, sounds, weapons etc.

CREDITS:

- Zur model
- Ravenclaw temps
- paulopanz skins, decals, ini edits

TO INSTALL:

- all in main mod folder and overwrite

NOTE:

- maybe a better FM (this one is from old Sabre 4) should be needed

Enjoy!

@paulopanz

:flyer:

PS: Canadair Sabre n°1 pack, to be continued soon.

• Thanks 1

maybe a better FM (this one is from old Sabre 4) should be needed

why didn't you just use the data ini from the Canadairs I did?? They have the updated KAW FM

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

why didn't you just use the data ini from the Canadairs I did?? They have the updated KAW FM

As you know this plane hasn't Canadian Avro Orenda engine like Mk.5 (orenda 10) and Mk.6 (orenda 14),  but american J47-GE-13, like Canadair Mk. 4 (next one in the pipeline), so I preferred to use its older FM.

But if an FM guru like Baffmeister or Cliff will have a moment to tweak Canadair Mk. 2 / 4 / 5  and maybe 6 too, I'll be very happy.

Or maybe you?

But I'll take a try and I thank you Kevin for your kindness!

:ok:

P.S. I'm going to upload / reupload ALL the Canadair Sabres reskinned, renumbered  and tweaked (a few years long lasting job), but yours german ones that are quite perfect.

well, if one leaves the engine data sections alone, only the aerodynamic sections would need "replacement"

Since these are "equalivant" to the E models ... Let me fiddle and I'll get back to you!  Since the Fubat512 KAW FM greatly increases "pilot work load" -- you have to really make a conscious effort to plan and play out the engagement, maybe leaving it more relaxed might be better?

Thank you for the compliment!! I always love seeing your work, and how GOOD it always looks. I know how much research it takes to get the serials/squadron correct!!

EDIT:

ok, looking it over, it HAS the latest KAW version of the FM, and all the hit boxes are also updated & corrected. I have nothing to do to this one, but simply enjoy flying it!!

Thank you again, paulo!! :drinks:

• Like 2