P4 1.8GhZ 512MB

gForce4 MX440 64MB

SB Audigy

Thrustmaster F22/TCS Digital combo with Rudder pedals

Logitech Wheel Mouse

Logitech Cordless Keyboard (USB)

Win98SE with ALL patches/updates

Everything has up to date drivers

Problem: When initially entering the Campaign, the beginning screen comes up and then a teletype message starts down in the lower left. If I let this message type to completion I have been both dumped out to a flawed windowed desktop and I've also had the screen go completely black, the mouse still works and it takes pushing the Reset button to reboot.

I tried this on 2 different computers, the second with different hardware and in both cases if the teletype message is allowed to complete, bad things happen.

However, IF I left click the mouse while the message is still typing out, I can proceed with the Campaign normally.

Possibly a linkage problem????

Bill

Reply to Bill:

Hey man, I've had the same exact thing happen to me:

P-4 1.8 gig

256MB RAM

Gforce-2 64mb

Sb Live

Win Xp w/ all update

Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse

USB keyboard

Saitek X-36 HOTAS

The teletype crash happens ALL THE TIME, except for whn I cycle thru it.

I always get a crash to the desktop if a mission is failed. When I use the drop=down menu on the main screen, it does a crash, but they've all been to the desktop, not a reboot. Oh, aqnd one more thing... In the pilot records screen, you can't see what medals you earned from other missions. :cry:

I get the same problem too. I do the same thing to get around it by skipping the teletype screen. It's too bad because it's neat to watch the teletype.

XP1800+ @ 1620

Asus A7V333 bios 1011

512 DDR333

MSI GF4 Ti4400 @ 310/625 Dets 40.71

Hercules GTXP drivers 5.02

WinXP SP1

Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold

I'm getting lock ups in the missions themselves now..only time it happens is when I am engaging or being engaged by Mig 17's..

Not sure what the deal is

1 ghz AMD K7, 356 meg ram, Geforce 4 mx 440, SBLive Xgamer, Gigabyte GA7zx, 52x cd rom, Saitek X45

DK