Fanny_Barton

All Quick Scenarios begin in Autopilot mode.....

Hello Chaps,

Bit of a strange one. I have been flying WOTR regularly for a while with CH Hotas using CH Control Manager with no problems at all. Now I purchase and install WOFF Between Heaven & Hell and setup the same controllers with almost the same bindings. If I choose any of the quick scenarios and fly, the windows blue circle cursor shows on screen as if its not responding (thinking). I have 2 screens, one runs the game,  and the other is set to desktop. I have to click the WOFF taskbar icon on the second screen to get back to the game. Now I am in the correct screen and the game is running but Its playing out the scenario on its own! In Autopilot. Facetracknoir is working so I can look around the cockpit, but just cannot take control. Its like I am just along for the ride!

I am completely baffled as to the problem. I have tried installing Direct X from the toolbox and have reset the controls to defaults before re-binding them. Any thoughts? As I said, WOTR is running fine.

Thank you.

Edited by Fanny_Barton

I’m not at the PC for another half hour but..have you tried toggling the autopilot Fanny? It may just be set on by default?? Try turning Autopilot on/off .

Edit, also maybe try unplugging any sticks, then load a scenario or quick combat see if the issue still occurs 

Edited by Adger
  • Thanks 1

On 10/04/2021 at 12:31 AM, Adger said:

I’m not at the PC for another half hour but..have you tried toggling the autopilot Fanny? It may just be set on by default?? Try turning Autopilot on/off .

Edit, also maybe try unplugging any sticks, then load a scenario or quick combat see if the issue still occurs 

Thanks for your help and reply Adger. Its definitely not any of the autopilot settings, and I have no response from any keys or joystick bindings. I am a little reluctant to unplug my sticks as WOTR works with this setup and Windows 10 has a nasty habit of re- assigning USB ports etc. Will keep testing.....

14 minutes ago, Fanny_Barton said:

Thanks for your help and reply Adger. Its definitely not any of the autopilot settings, and I have no response from any keys or joystick bindings. I am a little reluctant to unplug my sticks as WOTR works with this setup and Windows 10 has a nasty habit of re- assigning USB ports etc. Will keep testing.....

Oh........What a fool. 

It turns out it was "Basic Auto Pilot" that was turned on. A press of Control Shift and A turned it off. Not sure why it was enabled by default at first install of the sim.  Anyway all is well now in my world.

Thanks again.

Nice one, glad you’re sorted :good: