Sign in to follow this  
harveysimpson

Adding skins

Good evening everyone.

I have a question regarding adding additional skins to the campaign experience.

I am downloading the WOFF User Skins (Version 4.0)  right now.

I am hoping to expand the number of skins that the campaign uses. I beleive that by installing this pack it will do the trick.

Can I simply copy the skins into the correct folder or must I use the JSGME software to acheive this?   Also, will a skin pack interfere with the basic game in any way in so that I must remove the skin pack before I update to a newer version?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I recommend that you use JSGME.  And you should disable the skin packs via JSGME before installing a game patch.

OBD could include new or altered skins in a patch and Jerbear makes updates or changes to his skin packs too.  Using JSGME is easy and fast and you don't have to try to keep track of which skins to keep or delete whenever there's an update.

I use WOFF user skins 4.0, WOFF Alternative skins 4.0, and WOFF more skins 1.0.

You said that you want to expand the number of skins used in campaign missions.  There's also a mod to correct naming errors that prevent some skins from showing in the game but I don't use it because I'm more interested in selecting the skins for my plane.  However, it sounds like this mod would be something that you might want.  As far as I know, it is discussed only on the other forum - use this link:  https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4454723/9/errors-found-in-labels-for-skin