Sign in to follow this  
gaw

pray remind me

sounds reasonable!  Thx....  Makes sense

The short red line is usually where you need to fly to, to get into formation. The turquoise/light blue is your normal route to the next waypoint.  Other colour could be when advised to "run" for home. 

Edited by Polovski

On 21/04/2022 at 8:17 PM, BuckeyeBob said:

Thanks, Pol.

Yeah, I forgot to factor in my poor tactics when approaching two-seaters. Almost every time I have been killed by a two-seater, it was because I was approaching them directly from behind. Much better to use diving, slashing attacks, but that requires very good gunnery skills, which I am also not very good at. 

In summary: when fighting scouts, always try to get on their six. When fighting two-seaters, NEVER get on their six (unless the observer is kaput). 

Yeah, it's a lot of flying effort and time to invest to gain altitude, get ahead of the enemy and then swoop, to just go away and do the whole thing again and again.  Always thing how would I appear to the gunner. If you think you would be in the same piece of sky for a while and close, you will be shot down.  As I am often short on time  I'm too lazy so would often chase from behind.

Edited by Polovski