Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Problems with invisible drop tanks when using RPK

Hello everyone,

After spending hours cleaning and fixing the codes, I hit the last wall.  It is invisible RPK tank when using bombs along with the fuel tanks.  I am still puzzled about this one.

When I load Mirage 5BA (80), I am able to load RPK successfully:
img00166

But when I installed the codes for Egyptian Mirage 5SDE to carry PRK, it show up with an invisible fuel tanks while carrying the bombs around it.  After checking the codes carefully, I am still stuck with it.  Here is a screenshot:
img00165

I am attaching both files, so you can see what I have in Mirage 5SDE.

Advice on how to solve an invisible PRK are appreciated.

Thank you

Eagle114th

MIRAGE5BA_80_DATA.INI

Mirage5SDE_data.ini

did you check the node names in the lod viewer?? and removed each "layer" of lod meshes? you'll find the RPK tank is NOT part of the aircraft, and therefore cannot be loaded.

also, they would never carry 4 of them. check the 5BA

• Thanks 1

Wrench,

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

did you check the node names in the lod viewer?? and removed each "layer" of lod meshes? you'll find the RPK tank is NOT part of the aircraft, and therefore cannot be loaded.

AH! I see now, it is all about what is tied to the mesh to aircraft .lod.  I can check it through LOD viewer.  I will keep this in my mind from now on.

What surprised me the most is that there are some mods that are made to improve specific aircraft that still added the codes, even though the mesh does not support it.  That is Interesting... However, I will erase the codes that are not supported by the mesh, for the sake of being practical with what mesh actually have.

also, they would never carry 4 of them. check the 5BA

That was my honest mistake with the codes.  I will double-check that part and thank you for pointing it out for me.

Cheers!

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 1

@Wrench

Believe it or not, with being determined to find a way to find another way get this working.  It finally worked!

img00178