Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Echoes Across the States: KC-135E Stratotanker's First 15 Years

This skinpack is a remod of the TMF KC-135E done years ago. While utilizing the same model, it now features a greatly improved texture set, ini performance enhancements and each of the skins is researched to be as accurate as is possible with current knowledge.

Included *
two KC-135E versions, (82) and (92)
sixty (yes 60!) skins between the two versions. most Shamu based skins also feature nose arts
Cockpit and ini edits to make player flyable
drogue "weapon", addable in the loadout screens

Required
a legal functioning install of any SF2 version

Installation
unzip this mod, then install new mod folder categories to your mod folder (Aircraft to aircraft etc)
allow overwrites
fire up game, take off and go pass gas

Known Issues
-This is meant as eye candy. unfortunately, SF2 doesnt support air to air refueling so the best to be done is set up a recon mission and then park it in an orbit.
- Also, the C-130 cockpit is not too accurate. it is included mainly so that it can be player selected (i had to test it somehow). remember that there is no air to air refueling in game, so these are more eye candy than operational birds
- dont manuever aggressively. aggressive manuvering will cause a deep stall. its a huge pain to recover from as a player (firewall the throttle, set flaps to landing, yank stick back and hold). any AI wingmen wont make it trying to follow you

*Wagner CD not included

Credits

BPAO (Olivier Anguille, RIP) -     original model
Dave-                                             head of original released original project
Dels-                                              C-130 cockpit
guruu-                                            E8engine sound for the TF33s
yakarov79-                                    drogue basket model, original skin templates
PeacePuma-                                 research assist, tga work on FACH skin
Menrva-                                         data ini edits(mainly collision boxes)
Wrench-                                         tech advice, approval master extrodinaire
daddyairplanes-                           research, ini edits, texture and tga work, new additions to templates

TK-                                                  the overall game in all its modability

This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By daddyairplanes
      This skinpack is a remod of the TMF KC-135E done years ago. While utilizing the same model, it now features a greatly improved texture set, ini performance enhancements and each of the skins is researched to be as accurate as is possible with current knowledge.

Included *
      two KC-135E versions, (82) and (92)
      sixty (yes 60!) skins between the two versions. most Shamu based skins also feature nose arts
      drogue "weapon", addable in the loadout screens

Required
      a legal functioning install of any SF2 version
          Installation
      unzip this mod, then install new mod folder categories to your mod folder (Aircraft to aircraft etc)
      allow overwrites
          Known Issues
      -This is meant as eye candy. unfortunately, SF2 doesnt support air to air refueling so the best to be done is set up a recon mission and then park it in an orbit.
      - Also, the C-130 cockpit is not too accurate. it is included mainly so that it can be player selected (i had to test it somehow). remember that there is no air to air refueling in game, so these are more eye candy than operational birds
      - dont manuever aggressively. aggressive manuvering will cause a deep stall. its a huge pain to recover from as a player (firewall the throttle, set flaps to landing, yank stick back and hold). any AI wingmen wont make it trying to follow you
      *Wagner CD not included
                  Credits
      BPAO (Olivier Anguille, RIP) -     original model
      Dave-                                             head of original released original project
      Dels-                                              C-130 cockpit
      guruu-                                            E8engine sound for the TF33s
      yakarov79-                                    drogue basket model, original skin templates
      PeacePuma-                                 research assist, tga work on FACH skin
      Menrva-                                         data ini edits(mainly collision boxes)
      Wrench-                                         tech advice, approval master extrodinaire
      daddyairplanes-                           research, ini edits, texture and tga work, new additions to templates
      TK-                                                  the overall game in all its modability
      This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
    • By daddyairplanes

View File KC-135 Skin Pack 1: Operation Desert Storm

This skinpack adds in historical aircraft as used in Desert Storm for the A, E and R models KC-135. It is as close as possible with unit markings and features several nose arts.
          Included
      Skins and decals for KC-135A/E/R models

Required
      you will need the original KC-135 pack available here

Installation
      download and install the above mod per its instructions
      allow overwrites
          KNOWN ISSUES
      This was originally an AI only aircraft. I added Dels C-130 pit so that it was flyable and I could check my work. That said, it is best to not fly from the cockpit as the Hercules' window frames don't match with the Stratotanker's windows.
         UNIQUE FEATURES
      As with most of my large aircraft mods, the skins are tga based. this means if you look for a Baby Shamu skin, you will only see a plain grey skin. When you fire it up in game, you will see a mix of ADC Grey and Baby Shamu.
      AT THE START OF EACH SERIAL NUMBER IN THE DROP DOWN IS A LETTER, (a) FOR ADC Grey WITH FULL COLOR AND (s) FOR THE CAMO'D Baby Shamu SCHEME WITH SUBDUED MARKINGS
      Credits
      BPAO- original model
      Dave- head of/released original project
      dels- C-130 cockpit, used to make each aircraft player flyable
      daddyairplanes- research, 90% tgas, ini work, touch up skin work
      yakarov79- skin templates, some tgas (saved me a chunk of time photographing from a book so again thank you!)
      Testing Crew
      yakarov79, allenjb42, Eole

Big Thanks to
      Plattsburgh Air Force Base - Plattsburgh NY Facebook Group
      Wurthsmith Air Museum
      Grissom Air Museum
       for their support with harder to find historical images to complete this project
      Submitter daddyairplanes Submitted 02/01/2018 Category Other  
    • By daddyairplanes

This skinpack adds in historical aircraft as used in Desert Storm for the A, E and R models KC-135. It is as close as possible with unit markings and features several nose arts.
          Included
      Skins and decals for KC-135A/E/R models

Required
      you will need the original KC-135 pack available here

Installation
      download and install the above mod per its instructions
      allow overwrites
          KNOWN ISSUES
      This was originally an AI only aircraft. I added Dels C-130 pit so that it was flyable and I could check my work. That said, it is best to not fly from the cockpit as the Hercules' window frames don't match with the Stratotanker's windows.
         UNIQUE FEATURES
      As with most of my large aircraft mods, the skins are tga based. this means if you look for a Baby Shamu skin, you will only see a plain grey skin. When you fire it up in game, you will see a mix of ADC Grey and Baby Shamu.
      AT THE START OF EACH SERIAL NUMBER IN THE DROP DOWN IS A LETTER, (a) FOR ADC Grey WITH FULL COLOR AND (s) FOR THE CAMO'D Baby Shamu SCHEME WITH SUBDUED MARKINGS
      Credits
      BPAO- original model
      Dave- head of/released original project
      dels- C-130 cockpit, used to make each aircraft player flyable
      daddyairplanes- research, 90% tgas, ini work, touch up skin work
      yakarov79- skin templates, some tgas (saved me a chunk of time photographing from a book so again thank you!)
      Testing Crew
      yakarov79, allenjb42, Eole

Big Thanks to
      Plattsburgh Air Force Base - Plattsburgh NY Facebook Group
      Wurthsmith Air Museum
      Grissom Air Museum
       for their support with harder to find historical images to complete this project
    • By Fightinghawk99

View File [Pack] KC-135E FACh ----- KC-137 FAB
      Pack Aircraft refuellers KC-137 and KC-135E

-KC-137 of Brazil Air Force with cockpit and dual Buddy Pack, model by TMF

-KC-135E of Chile Air Force, with cockpit and pole

NOTE: The pole of the KC-135 extends exceeding 500kN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pack de Aviones Reabastecedores KC-137 y KC-135E

-KC-137 de la Força Aerea Brasileira, con cockpit y doble Buddy Pack, modelo por TMF

-KC-135E de la Fuerza Aérea de Chile, con cockpit y pértiga

NOTA: La pértiga del KC-135 se extiende superando los 500kn.

Buen vuelo!

Fightinghawk99
      Ari Detomasi
      Submitter Fightinghawk99 Submitted 10/29/2014 Category Other  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..