phoenix1001

turn off (audio) radio messages?

Just bought this and it's fantastic, but, for me, super jittery, full of slowness and micro-stutters. Have already tried many many many things and read many posts suggesting things, but, I notice that most of the micro-stuttering is synchronous with audio messages, of which there are many in this title compared to in WOFF (no radios...), and in WOFF I don't have any stutters. So I was wondering if anyone knew a way to switch off the audio messages and chatter (leaving just the text) - I mean a way to stop those audio resources being used/stop the things being generated (as opposed to just turning down the volume)? I couldn't see an option for this. Many thanks. 

Is this typical that nobody responds to questions on this forum?  I would like an answer to this question as well.

Hallo @Phoenix1001,

sorry, I don't know the way to turn off radio messages. And IMHO it is no real solution. What about your sound-system, the driver? All up to date?

And there are other otions for FPS and micro-stuttering. I write it in the thread "technical Issues - new player" by @JohnWick75, directly behind your thread.

Greetings

Glad you are enjoying it.  Sorry I missed this thread. 

Unfortunately, there is no real easy answer. You cannot disable the radio sounds totally. Although, some sounds are only used if you are the leader and calling a vector to the target.
Other than that the only way you could make them "less system intensive" is to replace each sound with a tiny sound file such as a 0 byte or very tiny sound file.  However there are lots of the sound files, and you would have to replace all of them or most of them.

There are also several sets that get called in depending on your pilot nationality, but if you play only 1 nation mostly you could just replace those.

Basically you need to ... 

First backup the whole folders and files found in ..\WOTR\WOTRScenery\Sounds\Radio  contents to somewhere outside of WOTR

Then replace all the wav files found in the 3 folders in ..\WOTR\WOTRScenery\Sounds\Radio`

(there are two sets in the Britain folder so in ..\WOTR\WOTRScenery\Sounds\Radio\Britain\Set1   ..\WOTR\WOTRScenery\Sounds\Radio\Britain\Set2  for example)

Try flying and see, if there's an error you will need to replace them.

There are other tips that may help in the WOTR FAQ (see section 13 for example). This is available from the Support page on the website to help with performance.  Reducing some settings in Workshops (trees, Terrain, Scenery, Airfields, number of aircraft and much more see FAQ section 13 for example).   Updating sound drivers to the latest for your motherboard sound card, latest motherboard and chipset drivers etc can help with performance too.
Also assigning TrackIR, and other programs to not use CPU0/1 and only use other cores can help too.  Other tweaks can help such as using faster SSD drives and so on.