Tonci87

AI Aircraft crash when landing at Sivry-sur-Meuse

I´m currently playing in March 1916 with KEK Sivry (Jasta 6) and we have just been stationed in Sivry-sur-Meuse.

I noticed that the AI will frequently crash when trying to land at our airfield (in undamaged aircraft), wich makes playing as this squadron basically impossible. 

To me it looks like they clip a stand of trees just before they are about to make the final turn towards the field.

Attached are two pictures showing where I just witnessed a flight of Aviatiks commit suicide by tree. The Airfield is visible in the background.

In the second picture the trees that they clipped are visible in my windscreen

unknown_2024.01.25-02.12_1.jpeg

unknown_2024.01.25-02.13.jpeg

Edited by Polovski

These are the sorry remains of Bölcke, who has just plowed headfirst into the trees that can be seen through my windscreen (The Airfield is in the valley behind the smoke). 

Dutifully followed by every other member of the squadron.

Can anybody else please confirm the issue? 

It would be nice to see a fix for this, either by raising the AIs flight-path for this airfield, or by lowering the hill a bit, or removing the trees on top of it.

Thank you.

unknown_2024.01.25-03.39.jpeg

Thanks for reporting that.  As you can imagine, there are several (600+ airfields) that can also change / become active/inactive etc depending on the movements of the front lines.  So although we test lots it's impossible to test all aircraft at all airfields etc, there's always something somewhere.  Considering that, the AI lands at pretty well all despite hills, trees, buildings in all sorts of places, and having to fly 80+ aircraft types.  There's always the odd one somewhere that's tricky, and often only tricky for certain aircraft.  We will try to look at it, it's now on the fix list.  That squadron moves their home to another airfield around 23 Sept 1916.

Edited by Polovski

Thank you! 

I understand the challenge in developing a project of such a tremendous scale. 

And I know you can only fix what you know about, that´s why I reported it :)

BTW I removed the AI Bug tag as it's not an AI bug, it's usually an airfield layout issue.