buccaneer4499

AB sim (Air Base sim)

hello all, ive been working on a power point as of late, related to a sim idea i would like to see developed and published on here or on steam. its called AB sim (Air Base sim)

you'll find out more in the attached pdf

and i can hear you thinking, why should an air base sim be developed?

well, it would be great to walk around an virtual air base as a ground crew member, watching many jets transports tankers trainers and more take off for sorties!

AB sim (Air Base sim) features_.pdf

Posted (edited)

looking it over, your proposal is too expansive. not being rude, seriously "everything, everyone, everywhere, everywhen" is a hello of a lot to bite off for a major studio. let alone a small team or individual

pick a focus.  if your aim is to get rich quick, focus on the most popular think. if your aim is to do something you enjoy, and want to share, then pic your absolute favorite. that goes for air arm, period and aircraft.

then start on that focus, be it say French Mirage bases of the 1970s or SAC bases in the 1980s, or F-35 bases of today.

finally, do you want a flying sim or a ground activities sim? back to the focus. a maintainer sim could be interesting (fix the planes, arm them, send them on their way). a flight sim, while a dime a dozen could be good if it offers something new or interesting.  combining both.....

see that second sentence i wrote

and yes, i would be interested to have a sim to work the ground side and watch the local traffic in the pattern. just look at half of my posts in the SF2 screenshot thread :biggrin:

Edited by daddyairplanes

i want it to be a ground activity sim, like you can visit the atc tower, walk around the base, watch as aircraft depart for and arrive back from training or operational sorties, the lot!

i think i would like to start with RAF Linton-on-Ouse in yorkshire, in the year 1988. when the jet provosts were starting to be replaced by the tucano!