kcoun

I'm considering WOFF and have a couple of questions please ...

I'm considering WOFF and have a couple of questions please ...

1)    From looking at Youtube videos the game looks to have a bit dark and bland visuals ( mostly ground textures ) compared to Flying Circus  Is it just that I'm seeing vids with a lot of cloud cover or what ?

2)   I've seen references to UE/PE .. exactly what is that ?

Thank you kindly for any replies ...

@kcoun,

a) if you have the "historical weather" option enabled in the WoFF series you will often see lots of clouds/bad weather, as was the case frequently in WWI (the historical weather option can be turned off, of course); also possible is to load various ReShade profiles to spice up the colors and to improve spotting (see this link for various representative pics with customized visuals, particularly the three pics near the bottom of the page, located after my long post regarding a dual-CPU computer build)

b) UE/PE refers to two previous versions of the WoFF series - UE is "Ultimate Edition" and came out around 2016; PE is "Platinum Edition" and was an add-on to UE that came out sometime around 2019 if I'm not mistaken; neither of those previous versions are available for sale anymore; the latest version is BH&H2 - "Between Heaven and Hell II" (take note that several of the pictures available under my various posts may be from the UE/PE-era or from one of my hybridized WoFF installs, although I also run BH&H2 - I usually indicate what version the pics are from, per post, to minimize confusion)

Good flying to you,

:smile:

Further to the response by VonS, the developers are working on a further updated version to be released probably late this year (my guess only). Included in the many new features is this: "...more choice as to the brightness of the terrain and scenery render, as well as improved shadow render distance."

When I moved over to Woff from ROF back around 2015, the muted colour palette was noticeable for a few days. After that, I never thought of it again. I also never went back from Woff due to its unparalleled immersion and AI.

Gents,    Thank you both very kindly for your responses. I first played WOFF 15 or so years ago ( 2009 ish, it was called OFF back then ) - and as you can imagine a few things have changed.   You both have allayed my misconceptions regarding the brightness and vibrancy levels and I thank you both.  It makes sense now that it's been mentioned that YouTubes are mostly historical / gloomy playthroughs graphics-wise.  Good to hear the devs are looking at giving us options you are very right @Raine .. the AI and immersion more than compensates and yes I'm sure after a bit I won't even notice the palettes.   Took a quick peek at some of your offerings @VonS and they appear to be quite comprehensive.  I'll load em up once I get more into WOFF again.  Thanks again for the advices ....