• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
NoZoner

Is it possible to remove auto-trim from all aircraft without editing every INI file?

Hello! I'm currently running through all the .CAT files to fish out every _DATA.INI to disable the auto-trimmer across all aircraft. While I'm plugging away at this, could anyone tell me if there's a way to set AutoTrimLimit=0.0 globally?

I don't think that's doable. You're going to have to do it manually

Ah, right on. Thanks, friend.

Posted (edited)

No problem. Yeah this isn't a sophisticated game where you could do that. Not even Arma 3 has that ability and it has auto-trim and such, no way to disable it.

Edited by EricJ

Really? I searched the forums a short while ago and ran across this comment by baffmeister about there being a field that controls some sort of auto-trimming function. I also recall reading a member's anecdote somewhere about them applying this AutoTrimLimit=0.0 item to their .INI file and they reported the aircraft's static pitch tendencies changing with airspeed. The flight model might not be the most detailed, but (to TK's credit) just reading through one of the _DATA files and seeing the tables of coefficients makes me think that at least it's sound enough to get this part right. Ah, but I should probably test this on at least one aircraft before doing much else.

Posted (edited)

Well there;'s that, but no global setting I'm afraid. You can try Hard to maybe mimic non-trimming but that's all I can think of. I fly Normal and don't worry about trim (though there was a way to do it, may have been SFP1 or so).

Edited by EricJ

Ah, bummer about the lack of a global modifier. My motivation for removing the auto-trimmer is that I actually find myself fighting the controls (moreso than in other sims) whenever I'm making a turn and trying to hold altitude. Made carrier approaches feel a little hairy...

I just tested the setting with an add-on F5E, and I'm glad to report it works and feels just right. I... I guess I'm just going to have to do it for all the others now :smile: thanks again, appreciate 'ya giving a straightforward answer

No problem man.