Sign in to follow this  

I've been loosing engine noise on a few of the addons I've put on lately. Inparticular I have the lightening and manually put the wavs in the sounds folder, but I fly in pristine silence. Spooky. Anyway, I checked the main plane ini file and the file names are ok, so is there another parameter to set up?

I've been loosing engine noise on a few of the addons I've put on lately. Inparticular I have the lightening and manually put the wavs in the sounds folder, but I fly in pristine silence. Spooky. Anyway, I checked the main plane ini file and the file names are ok, so is there another parameter to set up?

Is the engine sound (etc.) not there at all? Or does it seem to cut out by itself when you change views?

If it's the latter, it's a bug that effects addon and default aircraft alike. Try moving the throttle slightly and see if that restores the engine sound.

Is the engine sound (etc.) not there at all? Or does it seem to cut out by itself when you change views?

If it's the latter, it's a bug that effects addon and default aircraft alike. Try moving the throttle slightly and see if that restores the engine sound.

I think I made a classic school boy error, in that I missed that there are two 'sound' folders. I placed everything in the main one, and only then realised that there was one under objects/planes. Have now copied across and have lovely engine noise/sidewinder growl etc.

Finding the radars a bit fidgity on the f111s now, but shal soldier on. Ta muchly

a