Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About delta6

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Colorado Springs
  1. Yes, but really nothing new from them except check your virus scan and fiirewall.
  2. I purchased First Eagles Gold from the online store at Third Wire. However, I’ve had a heck of a time trying to download it. I get half way through the download, and then it stops. I also get an error message that the file is corrupt when the file thinks it has completely downloaded. Any ideas or tweeks to get this to download? I have never had this problem downloading before when I bought SFG.
  3. Dave, I did that, but all I can get is the AIM-4D to show up. Any ideas?
  4. I saw a artical that the VooDoo carried AIM-4 F & G missiles. Does anyone know how to mod the game so we can carry F & G versions?
  5. I think I got it, just a little more tweeking. Thanks!
  6. I looked for the instructions and/or a file to fix it, but no luck. ANy ideas?
  7. Thank you, me give it a spin
  8. Do I need to rename a file or change text in the loadout file?
  9. I'm flying the F-106 as the player, and having F-101B VooDoo's and F-104C take off on other bases to do CAP & point defense. However, when I set it up in the mission editor, I set both aircraft for Air to Air long range. So...I get Fuel tanks, but no missiles.
  10. I went to build a Russian Bomber Attack, with F-106s, F-104s & F-101s to defend. I as the player on the F-106 have missiles, but the other two jets only show up wih fuel tanks. Using 1985 as the date, just to make sure all acft were flying then. Any ideas or fixes?
  11. Just in case you wanted to SEE the real thing.
  12. For those who like the new F-101B, and Intercepting the TU-95 BEAR, here is a true story for you. Link attached. RCAF/CF Voodoos made numerous Bear intercepts over the years. In a typical case, on June 26, 1968, 416 Squadron was on alert at Chatham with two Voodoos on 5- and two others on 15-minute readiness. Lead for the latter pair was F/L R.D. "Pat" Pattison (his AI nav was S/L Ron Neeves). Pattison recalls: It was a clear summer day and we on alert were busy getting bored by sitting and reading, watching TV, or playing cards to pass the time. As we lazed about just after lunch, the scramble horn sounded and away dashed the 5-minute crews, strapping in, firing up and taxying out of the barn for takeoff. With burners lit, they lifted off Runway 27, carved around to the east and disappeared from sight in their A/B climb. This was a "hot" scramble. Now the 15-minute crews came up to 5-minute status. We got the information that Northern NORAD radar had picked up a trio of unidentified aircraft coming down between Iceland and Greenland, heading for Newfoundland. The GCI radar operators were certain that these were Russian bombers, which had radar of their own -- they soon picked up the incoming blips of our Voodoos. To confound our efforts, they set up an enormous 100-mile holding pattern over international Atlantic waters. This caused the Voodoos to burn excessive fuel, forcing them to set course for Gander. Having shaken off the first pursuers, the Russians completed their holding pattern and returned to their original track of 235° at 35,000 feet. Now GCI decided to scramble the new 5-minute alert birds to see if they could catch the Russians with their pants down. The horn sounded and off we scrambled. Ron and I donned our Mae West and parachutes, sprang up the ladder and into the cockpit, hooked up the seat pack connections, Mae West and oxygen, then I hit the start switches to bring the engines to life. In 2 1/2 minutes we were taxying and closing the canopy. I plugged in the burners and quickly lifted off, climbed and bent around to the right onto the initial vector of 090°, then came out of burner. No.2 was a bit slower getting airborne, but he caught me in the climb. We torqued eastbound at Mach .85 at 35,000 feet -- GCI wanted us to get there ASAP. They called "Gate", we stroked the burners and were rocketing along at Mach 1.3 over the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Ron soon had a radar contact with three aircraft flying line astern each about five miles apart. Now cruising at .85, we picked their leader as our target, called that we were taking over from GCI, then heard our wingman declare Bingo fuel. He was breaking off and heading for Gander for fuel. We had more than enough fuel to complete the intercept, so wondered about this. But, rather than argue, I told him to get lost. Now we rolled in two miles behind the lead bogie, so we could make a visual ident. To protect against possible Bear retaliation (i.e. cannon fire from the tail turret), I had my missiles timed out and armed, ready to launch with the squeeze of the trigger. As we closed to minimum launch range, I noticed that the tail stinger was locked up in the caged position, so wasn't ready to track and fire. My heart beat slowed, I let the missiles revert to passive mode, and we continued with our vis-ident. We had intercepted a Tu-20 Bear "D", a huge, swept-wing bomber with giant counter-rotating propellers. As we came abreast of its tail, we noted a large perspex bubble. Sitting there were three crewmen waving at us. Then they hauled out a copy of "Playboy" and showed us the centerfold! They gave us the thumbs-up and we returned the gesture. We now moved along to the cockpit, where the co-pilot was eyeing us. We signalled that they were in Canadian airspace and should follow our orders. We positioned ourselves at their 1 o'clock, waggled our wings and turned seaward. Lead followed, as did the other two Bears. Once they were over international waters, they headed south (probably to Cuba) and we set course for Gander. We landed with 2000 pounds of fuel, enough for a couple of overshoots and close-patterns. We taxied in, shut down, then debriefed the NORAD guys as our Voodoo was refuelled. On reaching Chatham later that day, I executed a victory roll over the field, pitched out and landed to be welcomed by the CO. Over the years I've been asked about pictures of this exciting intercept. The first 2-ship that had scrambled carried hand-held 35-mm cameras. They missed the chance for photos, and we were not equipped with cameras. Later, a Canadian general, quizzing us about photos, reamed us out for not coming home with any. His USAF counterpart sent us each a Certificate of Recognition for our good show. Makes you think, doesn't it! http://www.canavbooks.com/Editorial/TheGreatArrowDebate.php
  13. Dave, I figured you would have had a VooDoo patch or two. Where do you want me to send them to? Need F-101B pictures too? My dad took them years ago.
  14. Too many beers last night? I know I had my share plus my wifes.
  15. I see what you were talking about. I opened up the file in paint, did a copy around the control panel, then did a paste on the other two skins so not to mess up Daves markings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..