Jump to content

cperleberg

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    49
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cperleberg

  1. Apparently, the "Deselect Current Visual Target" command is not assigned at start, so it doesn't show up in the Manual. I've assigned it, and it doesn't seem to do anything.
  2. I though I was clear. I press CTL-Y and a little blue square appears on my wingman. How do I remove it? The Game Controls section has a "Deselect Current Visual Target" parameter, which I set, but doesn't remove the square. I can't find this command referenced in the 2012 manual.
  3. Couldn't find this by searching. I padlock a friendly airplane ("Target Closest Visual Friendly Target" - CTRL-Y). A blue square appears on my wingman. I presume he's padlocked. How to I undo this? "Deselect Current Visual Target" doesn't do it. In fact, I can't seem to find that command in the Manual's keyboard list, although it appears in the game. How do I "unpadlock"?
  4. Thanks! F6 does it (I didn't think the cycle A/C would start with me!) As for the Free Camera, I press it and my aircraft zoom off.
  5. Is it possible to get an external view of the aircraft? From the front, say, where you can see the guns firing? The Shoulder View is not flexible enough. I can get a good external view of every other aircraft except mine.
  6. Yeah, I just discovered OBS.
  7. Very helpful. But a bigger question: what did you use to record the missions?
  8. What I've done is copy the Objects/Aircraft folder immediately after installing, and before running the game. Then when an unwanted merge occurs, I just delete all the new files and copy the aircraft in again.
  9. I know this is covered somewhere, but I can't find it. How to you stop the game from stuffing all the aircraft you have into the objects/file folder? That is, when I start SF2 Europe, I suddenly have access to all the Israeli and Vietnam aircraft. I want all the aircraft to stay where they're supposed to be!
  10. Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that.
  11. Does this file matter in First Eagles 2? Chris P.
  12. Renaming the campaign files was described for ETO and PTO (the SF2 mods). It was not required for WoA and WoR (WoA works fine). But, OTOH, I'm not sure why what I did made it work.
  13. Well, I got it to work, although I'm not sure why. The campaign name in the Kursk.ini file was "Kursk 43". I changed it to "Kursk" and it worked. Which makes no sense as the campaign name does not have to be the same as the folder name anywhere else. I changed it back to Kursk 43, and it still works. OTOH, it was pulling campaigns from elsewhere, which I also can't under stand. I changed the name of the Campaigns folder to Campaigns_Russia and then created and changed the ini file in the home folder. Everything seems to be up and running.
  14. Well, there is only one campaign (Kursk). Yes, I converted it to SF2 (moved the decals around, created sf2 screens, removed the sf1 inis, replaced as many a/c as possible, created weapons and gun folders, and so on.). I did the same with WoA and the campaigns there work fine. The missions work fine, the aircraft fly fine, but the Campaign always crashes.
  15. I know from searching through the forums that some people have gotten the Campaign to work. I can't. I've tried to follow the advice given (changed all the dates, added missing aircraft, for example). Always crashes when I select Campaign. I downloaded WOA and converted it -- everything works fine. I can't figure this out.
  16. Yeah, there is only one. But tha.t's all you need. I use it on everything
  17. These two entries seem to work for the Nieuport 17. You can then select a squadron from the loadout dropdown and have it appear on the A/C. [Decal001] MeshName=Fuselage DecalLevel=1 DecalFacing=RIGHT FilenameFormat=sq Position=-1.70,-0.35 Scale=1.40 DecalMaxLOD=3 Reverse=TRUE [Decal002] MeshName=Fuselage DecalLevel=1 DecalFacing=LEFT FilenameFormat=sq Position=-1.70,-0.35 Scale=1.40 DecalMaxLOD=3
  18. That's the thing. The spad has the following: [Decal016] MeshName=Fuselage P DecalLevel=1 DecalFacing=LEFT FilenameFormat=Sq Position=-2.19,-0.03 Scale=1.50 DecalMaxLOD=3 The 'Sq' is, I presume, the squadron marking, the definition of which comes from the loadout dropdown. . If I do the same to the Nieuport 17 generic decal.ini, and chose, say, "Esc 3 cigognes" from the loadout list, I get something, but not the stork I want. There must be something, somewhere, that links the list given in the loadout dropdown (which as near as I can tell comes from squadronlist.ini) and the correct insignia. Now, apparently the squadronlist.ini is the link what connects the insignia tga with the correct squadron. For example, Nie.3 'Les Cigognes' is squadron 26, and sq026 is the correct insignia. But it doesn't work right. I change the decal entry in the Nie.17 file thusly: [Decal001] MeshName=Fuselage DecalLevel=2 DecalFacing=RIGHT FilenameFormat=sq Position=-1.7,-0.35 Scale=0.65 DecalMaxLOD=3 Still looking. And the select the 3rd Cigognes, I get the 13th Aero Squadron, coincidentally, the 3rd entry in squadron.ini.
  19. Maybe the answer is out there, but I can't find it. If I choose a stock spad, I can use loadout to pick a particular squadron marking. I'd like to do the same with, say, Nieuport 17s. However, I can't just pick the nieuport squadron from the loadout drop down. If you do, you get unpredictable results. Somewhere there must be a translation table that connects a particular squadron with a particular sq0xx file. Any idea how this is handled? Chris P.
  20. Well, I read that, bu it appears to fire with the regular button as well - at least it needs reloading in between shots.
  21. OK, I put the .ini file in the effects folder. It appears to be firing (as I have to reload it), but I don't see anything to indicate that it's fired. I guess I expected a sound, or something coming out of the prop hub. I guess it is working.
  22. Reload it? I can't fire it! Does it start unloaded?
  23. Apologies if it's out there somewhere where I can't find it... How do you get the 37mm cannon on the SPAD XII to fire? I have a gun type of 37MM_SAMC which is what's called for in the data.ini, and I have programmed cntrl+f to be my fire secondary guns key. But I get nothin' What am I missing?
  24. Yeah, they flutter. Gonna have to figure a way to get them on other AC. BTW, the MS N is really nicely done! I love the way the Hotchkiss gun magazine works. Haven't looked at the FB2 yet -- on a trip to Santa Fe, NM -- but I am trying to figure out why the roundels don't show up on the DAT Fe8. The other decals do (I mean, I moved every thing to the right place in the decals folder), but not the roundels or tail colors .
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..