Sign in to follow this  
eatthis

how do i make / ask somebody else nicely to make a what if mach 3 tsr2?

in the late 50s the uk discovered the worlds largest oil field in the north sea and thus became the richest nation on earth (again) this allowed several projects including the tsr2 to mature and enter service.

the gr1 vulture (in service name for the tsr2 because it looks like a bird of prey and keeps the v bomber line alive) was a massive success. several export customers including the us opted for the vulture ahead of the f111.

in the early 80s bac decided to see just how far they could push the design and went all out to create a monster with canards, full digital fly by wire controls,lerx wing root extensions,massively blown control surfaces, 2d thrust vectoring, rolls royce (whod bought bristol/siddley) pushed the olympus engine to a staggering 60,000 lb of thrust each (this isnt bs they were testing the olympus at 68,000 lb thrust in the mid 60s before the plug got pulled!!!).

the result was nothing short of blistering pace and at least as manouverable as the f15 eagle

the empty weight came down 45,000 lb the loaded weight was 70,000 and the max take off weight was increased to 120,000 lb with a max weapon load of 20,000 lb giving it a better power to weight ratio than any fighter at that time,

the power combined with the tiny frontal area combined to make a strike aircraft that was completey uncatchable by any manned aircraft at low level and still holds the world record at sea level (1350 mph!!) it also holds the british record speed at altitude of mach 3.02 (it couldnt top the blackbird). it also holds several time to climb records

here is the prototype

slpgn9.jpg

65de93.jpg

287j19c.jpg

realising the potential for such a capable design the mod autherised a fighter/bomber version for use with the raf and royal navy (for use with the ark royal indefatigable and hood 3 2800 feet long nuclear powered pykrete behemoth carriers)

the only real differences being a fighter style high mounted canopy (looks alot like an f4 phantoms canopy but flatter) and the assorted air - air and air-ground munitions (including a liscense built aim 54 pheonix with british developed radar)

the fgr1 entered service in 1983 and replaced both the bucaneer and lightning jets respectively (the tornado european plane the british never entered into the consortium). its performance was nothing short of stella (although it was a complex beast for ground crews)

the top speed at sea level was 1250 mph and mach 2.6 at altitude ( mach 2.9 dash speed was permitted but only for short periods due to heat build up )

typical weapon load included 4 sky flash (similer postion to the f15) 2 pheonix and 4 sidewinders on wing pylons (outer pylons) + a total air-ground load of upto 16,000 lbs on the 4 inner wing pylons and the internal bombay.

the bomb bay could house air-ground weapons (including lgbs) 4 ky flash/2 pheonix and 2 skyflash or could be used purely for extra fuel. there was also a nose mounted vulcan gun (same position as f4 phantom).

the inner pylons could also host extra fuel tanks

how do i get this made??

Good grief, you've done a fantastic job! Love this.

If those Canards are the only thing to change .. that`s pretty easy ;)

the intakes are longer and a different shape it has 120,000 lb of thrust and the top speed is also alot higher theres also a gun under the nose (same as the f4e)

the in service version has an f4 style canopy higher up and also twin tails like the f14 (slightly angled to) i havnt built that 1 yet lol

heres a recon version a canadian pheonix armed interceptor with a gau 8 in the bomb bay and a gulf war tsr2

fx3prs.jpg

1p9bls.jpg

29fdzeh.jpg

21jdoj7.jpg

210hgt5.jpg

mvqhvl.jpg

VERY cool models, I love the Canadian one. :clapping:

I am afraid your plans would require rather substantial changes on the current model of the TSR.2; canopy, canards, new intakes, internal chin gun, and even a new cockpit.

It is a nice idea, but a lot of work, maybe you find a 3D-modeller.

By the way, this Japanese one looks like it could be done without changes in the model.

Edited by PraetorHonoris

VERY cool models, I love the Canadian one. :clapping:

I am afraid your plans would require rather substantial changes on the current model of the TSR.2; canopy, canards, new intakes, internal chin gun, and even a new cockpit.

It is a nice idea, but a lot of work, maybe you find a 3D-modeller.

By the way, this Japanese one looks like it could be done without changes in the model.

:( i thought as much i need to get it made then se where we go from there

iv also got plans for a supersonic vulcan and victor (which wont be much different than stock tbh)

ps are there any vulcans/victors in te game iv seen vulcan skins but no model?

You need to register for the downloads and also seperately for the forums.

Once you've downloaded them there's plenty in the Knowledgebase about converting the planes for SF2 and 99.9% of SF1 stuff can be used in SF2 in any case:-

http://combatace.com/topic/44026-converting-older-planes-to-work-in-sf2-a-basic-guide-by-migbuster/