Sign in to follow this  
SupGen

Modern Planes Returning

I built my WWll PTO install about a month or so ago, left one blue and one red modern aircraft in the aircraft folder. This worked fine until I had to re-install my OS last week. SF is on a separate hard drive that was unplugged during the re-install so it should not have been affected, however since then all the stock planes return every time I start the game. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Are you copying over an old options.ini or versions .ini into the new install - might be the cause

Thanks for the response, Migbuster. Whaddaya mean by old? :blink: I hadn't made a new install, as I said, my SF2 stuff is on a separate hard drive that was unplugged when I re-installed the OS. I just plugged everything back in and all of it works fine except for this. My Falklands install, for instance, which also has all of the stock aircraft deleted, works. I will try replacing those inis., though, at this point I'll try anything. One thing I am going to do is create a re-named Objects folder so I don't have to manually delete everything every time this happens. :blackeye:

OK, I think thats got it. Migbuster, you're a genius. What I had to do was, because my SF2 install is on another drive, was to delete the folder in C: SavedGames, rename the folder in F: SavedGames after deleting the Options and Versions inis., run the game, delete everything in the C: SavedGames/FLAT TOP folder but the Options/Versions inis., change the dates and the pointers to match the F: SavedGames/FLAT TOP location, copy those to that folder and, VOILA there ya go. Still don't understand why Falklands wasn't affected, though. Oh well, don't borrow trouble, I guess. Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Migbuster.