Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

KAW Campaign with ground war - Beta!

I'm posting this campaign here for folks to test and provide feedback.  It's a BETA!  You've been warned.

This is Do335's KAW campaign with nodes, ground units, supply levels, etc... changed to create a ground war during the campaign.  I tried to create a very complex set of nodes with 30+ ground units, but ran into problems with the campaign ending prematurely.  As a result, I've had to scale back the ground war to ensure it works the way I want it to.  There is just one route that connects the top of NK to Pusan in SK.

I have started and played a few missions into a few different campaigns.  However, to know if all the levels, nodes, etc... are set correctly, the campaign needs to be played all the way through using several different units that focus on different types of missions (A/A, strike, interdiction, CAS, etc...).  This is the point I'm at now, and I'll need some help from other folks to get the testing done.

As you play through the campaign, please pay close attention (or even note down) what types of missions you're flying, whether you're successful or not, and what is happening with the ground war.  If you mouse over ground units on the campaign map, it will tell you if there is an offensive taking place or not.  And, of course, the mission debriefing will let you know if an offensive has been successful or repelled.  This information will be very helpful to me when trying to determine how to adjust supply levels to properly pace the ground war.

Ideally, the median outcome of the campaign will be the frontline just shifting back and forth between Seoul and Pyongyang throughout the campaign.  Ideally, in instances where the player does very well (or is lucky) the US may take over much of the peninsula or even capture the enemy base area and win the campaign early.  Ideally, in instances where the player does very poorly (or is very unlucky), NK may take much of the peninsula or capture Pusan and the player will loos the campaign early.  Hopefully the latter two outcomes are more rare and most of the time the campaign ends in a draw.

To install:

1. Download and install Do335's campaign and install per the directions (including all the items from jeanba's list), EXCEPT for step 4.a.  I don't think that is necessary.

http://combatace.com/topic/76391-campaign-for-kaw/

2.  Download the attached .zip file

3.  Drop "Korean War.ini" and "Korean War_Data.ini" into the Campaigns/Korean War folder.  Overwrite when asked.

4.  Back up "Korea3_movement.ini" in you Terrains/Korea3 folder, then drop the "Korea3_movement.ini" files from the .rar into Terrains/Korea3. Overwrite when asked.

Please leave all feedback in this thread. Thanks!

KAW with Ground War Beta 062614.rar

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 4

i made new nodes, bit more complex, but just as i wanted to test them out, my processor fan started to give me the creeps

so it'll have to wait till i figure this out :-(

So I made new nodes from scratch. Two routes, one from the east and one from the west.

To the west I got to Pyongyang, then the blue ones invade Kosong to the east and objectives are achieved even if HQ is Chongjin...

I checked the nodes very carefully, mapping them out on paper.

I checked the targets.ini, but nothing there. I'm wondering if the culprit isn't the terrain.

Maybe I need to take another try, but with navalmap set to false and with carrier stations...

Anyway, it's weird..

• Like 1