Sign in to follow this  
Sky High

Over-Powerful Forcefeedback

Got a new 'Speedlink Black Widow' forcefeedback joystick recently. Works perfectly on other games such as IL-2 and European Air War, but in OFF when I fire the guns even briefly, the force feedback comes on and stays on for ages, even if the guns are stopped and I'm in level flight. Is there any way of adjusting the settings within the game for forcefeedback? Thanks in advance.

Uncleal, thanks for the reply. Just have to live with it. The 'Black Widow' is not a Chinese rip-off, it's made by a reputable German company. I have EAW, First Eagles, Wings Over Europe, IL-2, BoBII and WoP on my hard-drive (I know, I know, too spread out) and the forcefeedback works well on the rest, so it's not a bad product. I would be inclined to blame the Microsoft background of OFF for this. They just want to exclude everything else, but I suppose OFF is stuck with it, which is a big limitation. To be honest I would play First Eagles 90% of the time viz 10% for OFF, and I guess the new joystick will greatly accentuate that. It is a pity OFF is so limited in terms of hardware and gameplay, because in terms of historicity and atmosphere it is second to none, a wonderful labour of love.

Normally the complaint about OFF, is too weak of a pulse, this condition is something new. I wouldn't be too quick to accept it. After a few reinstalls, I'd learn to live with it. But ONLY Then . . drinks.gif

I suppose you're right, that would be worth a try. Game hasn't really run as well as before since I got HITR, so I must reinstall it one of these days.

Sorry, Uncleal, I didn't mean to come across like that. I want this game to work, and have tried all those tips you indicate, but maybe it's the fresh install that's required, and that's a bit of time and work and I was tired yesterday. Today's a new day, and I never give up easily. Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Uncleal, I owe you one BIG thank you. Did a reinstall, and now forcefeedback seems to be working much better. But, best of all, my fps has more than doubled, everything looks really smooth. Now, I think I'll start getting interested in this game.

Hello all, have been doing more experimentation with force feedback on my Black Widow. Anyway, what I have discovered, which might help anyone using this joystick is the following: I had been using old(2003) drivers as I found the newer Black Widow drivers caused a huge drop in framerates with my BoBII. However when I reinstalled the newer drivers, they worked great with OFF. I was faced with a dilemma and organized a work-around involving the JSGME utility, the system32 file and the remaming of a driver dll which allows me to change drivers at the touch of a button between these two brilliant games. I am now beginning to really enjoy OFF.