Sign in to follow this  
Jel

EAW150 soon to be released

Ray and I have been working on EAW150.

It is a serious departure from EAW140 because the player first selects the planeset, then the theatre of operations.

So you could fly SPAW planes in the ETO theatre with a desert terrain.

A player can very easily build a planeset and fly it, all from the one GUI:

full-1425-123885-su.jpg

Jel

It will include all the planes and terrains Jel?

Further explanation.

In previous installations the SPAW theatre had its own planesets, and its own weapons files.

So if you put a SPAW planeset  into an ETO theatre the aircraft would have to use the ETO weapons files.

What we have created, and are fine tuning, is a universal "weapons.dat", a universal  "weapons.str" file, and a universal "hrdpoint.dat" file which all aircraft refer to when weapons are needed.

These are the default files.

Loadout files have been adjusted accordingly, and all "weapons.dat", "weapons.str"  and  "hrdpoint.dat" files have been removed from theatre folders, forcing the default ones to be used.

There is an "Aircraft_repository" folder which the planeset files reference to find the skin and flighmodel files needed.It already contains a large collection of aircraft folders from all theatres, and as they become available more will be added.

In my screenie you can see that there are currently eleven theatres to choose from and that I have 21 different planesets available.

At level one the user just picks the exe, a planeset and a theatre, then launches the game.

More about level two, at which players select their own individual aircraft later :grin:

Level two: Making and flying your own planeset:

In these pics I made a 7 plane planeset, with aircraft from SPAW, DAW and Dunkirk

Planes are added to the lists by selecting a skin folder and a FM folder and double clicking in the first column
full-1425-123917-su1.jpg
The seventh planes has just been added
I saved the planeset with the little checkbox checked. Saving unchecked it again.

Switching to the other tab I renamed the set and wrote some info.
I then made my selections of  Midway, and an old map exe which Midway needs:
full-1425-123918-su2.jpg

Then I launched EAW;
full-1425-123919-m1.jpg
full-1425-123920-m2.jpg
full-1425-123921-m3.jpg
full-1425-123922-m4.jpg

All the selected aircraft are in the air:
full-1425-123923-m5.jpg
full-1425-123924-m6.jpg
full-1425-123925-m7.jpg
full-1425-123928-m10.jpg