Sign in to follow this  
Pacman94

New Pilot - Need a quick hand

Hey guys! New to the forums. Hoping its not dead round here haha.

Im encountering some issues modding the game. 

I know that the mod folder IE the directory for secondary installations in the "Saved Games" folder in Windows 7 is there and that you must run the game for it to appear. 

I have done so. 

Most mods require a full set of files to begin the modding process such as "Speech" or "effects" or "sounds" etc etc. 

But the only files I see are. 

Controls

Missions

Objects

Pilot Data

Screenshots

Options.ini

Version.ini

Can someone please advise me on what to do at this stage? Thanks in advance. 

Not sure what you mean by next stage? Some folders are defaulted to the install folder (which you should never mod). By creating a folder in the "Mod Folder", the game will look there first and not in the install folder. That is how how the modding works, understand the concept?

There are some really good KB dox, you may want to read this one. It covers a little more than what you have already done...but still a good read.

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

Edited by viper63a

also, don't confuse a "file"  (like an ini or bmp or tga) with a "folder", the the aformentioned Objects, Terrains, Effects, etc. Files go INTO folders