Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

Just bought a new Gaming Rig! Need one suggestion thou...

Hey CA!  This is kinda a general question... So if its in the wrong place here at CA please forgive me.  

Im not a huge computer wizard but I can hold my own... but when I ordered the new machine I went with a smaller SSD to keep cost down and figured I would swap it for the expensive huge capacity SSD i have in my laptop that I play SF2 on now.

My question is does anyone know of a way to swap the bootable partitions between the two SSDs so they will work when I swap them between the machines?  

In case anyone was curious about specs I went with what I figured could run DCS moderately well and run SF2 full bore unlimited without breaking the bank... 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB

GPU: GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

RAM: 16 GB 

• Like 1

Hi Spudnocker,

I use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" to move partitions and complete disks from one disk to another.

Very usefull when upgrading your PC with a SSD 

For example: You can move al partitions from a 250GB hard drive to a 120GB SS, with a few mouse clicks. (if the hard drive is not completely full of course)

SDD to SSD also works.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html