Just went and reinstalled all my SF2 titles. I was never able to get DCS to give me what I wanted. So now it's back to SF2 and BMS.

I installed Stary's latest GermanyCE tiles. I have object fade set to false in options.ini and have detail mesh set to 12 if flightengine.ini.

1. Buildings and trees are both visible further than before the edits, but trees are still fading into view? Why is that when I have fade set to false?

2. Building roofs are shimmering both at a distance and relatively close. I remember this issue from years back, but couldn't find any of threads with a relevant fix. Can someone point me I the right direction?

Edited by malibu43
  • Like 1

Check Mue's posts, you will find very quickly

Thanks!  Mue has done some amazing things.  I found the fix for shimmering buildings, and I while I was at found the AMAZING "turn labels into little dots" mod.  That by itself is one of the best things I've seen for this series in years.  Challenges spotting enemy aircraft without using obnoxious boxes and arrows is the primary thing that drove me away from the series a few years ago.  I can't wait to try the mod out.

One thing I'm still not clear on, is why my trees are fading even though I have fade set to false.  I saw Mue's modified shaders that would do this, but I don't have them installed.  So I'm not sure what's going on there...