Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

- I used to be a plane spotter before I kind of 'retired' to focus on my family and work. The photo quality varies a bit since I used a few different cameras, but most of them were shot on Nikons. Hope you guys enjoy these photos, just wanted to bring some life back to this digital recon thread. :biggrin:

*I'll share some more when I get the time next.
- Thanks for watching, everyone, and stay healthy!

TRG_3702.thumb.jpg.0f32d9e50208cf420a6a35eb9b89b3fd.jpg

  • Like 6
Posted

I just realized I ran out of attachment space for a single post. Because of the language barrier, I misunderstood and thought each photo was allowed to be almost 2MB, without realizing that was the total upload limit for the entire thread.

Even though I already resized some of the images, I didn't see this issue coming. So I'm gonna need some time to fix all the rest of the photos, as well as the ones I've already posted.

Bear with me guys, and I'll update everything as soon as I get the time. Those are photos I took over at VVTS airport. :smile:

Posted (edited)

Hello 

if you have high res pictures from JASDF F-4E and F-4E Kai please mail them to me , Thank You :drinks:

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted
On 9/26/2026 at 6:11 PM, ravenclaw_007 said:

Hello 

if you have high res pictures from JASDF F-4E and F-4E Kai please mail them to me , Thank You :drinks:

- It's a shame I never got the chance to shoot photos of JASDF's gorgeous Phantoms while they were still in service. I do have a few shots of Japan's Kawasaki C-2 and P-3C Orion, though. I really love the camo and paint schemes on their aircraft, that shade of blue is always so clean and easy on the eyes. :flyer:

Posted
On 9/27/2026 at 8:59 AM, Major Lee said:

@Gene_Wolfpack Wow! That is an awesome shot of the C130! Great timing!

Yeah, it's absolutely gorgeous, and thanks, I'm glad you like it! This is one of the few sharp shots I got because I was being a bit too greedy and set the shutter speed below 1/125 to get that smooth prop blur. Trying to shoot handheld with a heavy telephoto lens at such a low shutter speed completely ruined a bunch of other shots with nasty motion blur, even though I was holding the camera like a machine gun and trying to hold my breath to cut down on the shake as much as possible :biggrin:

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Gene_Wolfpack said:

- It's a shame I never got the chance to shoot photos of JASDF's gorgeous Phantoms while they were still in service. I do have a few shots of Japan's Kawasaki C-2 and P-3C Orion, though. I really love the camo and paint schemes on their aircraft, that shade of blue is always so clean and easy on the eyes. :flyer:

i´m serching good pictures ( high res pictures ) of the F-4E and F-4E kai cockpits , if i search for such pictures there a links in japanese i dont understand may be you can help here

F-4E Kai cockpits are in the JASDF Hamamatsu Air Base Museum in Shizuoka and in the Kakamigahara Aerospace Science Museum in Gifu , if you are near this places could you make some high res pictures of the instruments and panels ??? that would help me greatly to make this cockpit for SF2 

are there Flight manuals for the F-4E Kai available in japan  ???  i´m interested in one and would pay for it

 

Thanks :drinks:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..