Klif Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Hello everyone, I'm starting play the Strike Fighters 2 game (SF2), I have complete edition, but my interest now is air war in Vietnam. I want to be a pilot of the F-4 Phantom II. The game seems to be great for me, I found something that for the long time (a found it randomly last week). In the past I played games like IL-2, CFS3 but I have used the normal flight model. In the SF2 I want to set the flight model to hard. I have pedals and very simple throttle stick (3 axes, 6 buttons). 1. Is there big difference between original flight model (hard) and hard flight model after using the patch SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold? If I want to use the original one (after patching), is it possible (for example by deleting the selected file / files from patch directory)? 2. Do you have use the flaps (position one) in combat maneuvers, when the plane has low speed? Is it good idea? 3. Bombing in the year 1965 – 1968 (F-4C, F-4D) sees to be very complicated. There is not computer to calculate right trajectory. I have read that the table with speed / altitude / AoA has to be used. Is other method how to do it? 4. How difficult is to play with Visual Targeting set to hard? 5. Have you some tips to play / equipment? Thank you very much. Best regards, Klif
Klif Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago About bombing, I found in this comunity great manual:
Muesli Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago There's a whole knowledge section in the forum, but here are my two cents regarding your questions: 1: Just play the game and see what feels best for YOU. 2: Just play the game and try different aircraft and different settings. 3: Just play the game and try level or dive bombing yourself. 4: Just play the game and change the settings. 5: Just play the game. Good for you though, you have one more post to your account...
Muesli Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Klif said: About bombing, I found in this comunity great manual: THIS is exactly why your earlier post is nonsense... you're finding the answers to your earlier (obvious) questions yourself. I know you want to download the mods as many and as fast as possible, but just take your time exploring the forum BEFORE you state the obvious... (I am getting tired of this...)
Klif Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago I’m not forcing anyone to answer my questions, though I admit some of them are probably unnecessary. But for example question 1 or 2 - maybe someone will share their experience. As for mods, I don't plan on downloading a huge number of mods. I would like only: - Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - VPAF Add-on - SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Sep. 2014 Update - Green Hell 3.5 - Wings Over World Menu Screens maybe Hurc's Nellis Range Mod 2.0. That’s all.
yakarov79 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, Klif said: I'm starting play the Strike Fighters 2 Welcome to the forum. And thank you for supporting this site. If you are new to this game. Just play, and you will see what is best for you. It takes time (not much - trust me) but soon you will get used to this game and all the mechanics inside. ad.1 Flight model difference - yes and no. Depends on point of view. My personal feeling - it is not harder - it is just that the computer is cheating - and reacts faster, and can do much crazier things in a dogfight than you. Just that. But it is m personal observation. do like this....and check how it is going for you... ad.2. Some ladies in some situations, can behave better with flaps for a short period of time...just a feeling. Play and you will see. It is not like you will crash...and cannot play again. Refly and you are good. ad.3 yes it is hard to get used to it. Mostly because you can not operate the gunsight properly, but some small edit in avionics.ini can - simulate ccip in older machines. ad.4 you can change settings anytime; you will see. For a start - put it on normal so you can get used to it. ad.5. To play is to mod the game. Remember that you can change bazylion things in-game by simply opening the file in Notepad. And yo do not have to worry about screwing up. Just make a copy of the file you are trying to edit...and just that. IF you fail and do not remember what you changed, delete and bring back the backup. This is the only way I am doing when editing files - I do not have time to write back again - I just bring back the original and that is all (more or less - i have my way of modifying files - but since you are starting it is not important) And on top of that - familiarize yourself with the game structure, how to extract files, where files are stored. Where mods are stored. And take it easy. It is a game. And I said it many times. Many mods are quite old, but it does not mean they are bad. But with time some particular things in mod culd be updated, and released seperately. So back up your files, before "updating - overwriting," as you might make things worse.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now