cperleberg Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Couldn't find this by searching. I padlock a friendly airplane ("Target Closest Visual Friendly Target" - CTRL-Y). A blue square appears on my wingman. I presume he's padlocked. How to I undo this? "Deselect Current Visual Target" doesn't do it. In fact, I can't seem to find that command in the Manual's keyboard list, although it appears in the game. How do I "unpadlock"?
yakarov79 Posted October 3 Posted October 3 f1 f2 f3 something on keypad just to look forward...? are you pressing some keys on the keyboard or you going to ask about any single key on the keyboard here in separate topics? seriously? 1
cperleberg Posted October 3 Author Posted October 3 I though I was clear. I press CTL-Y and a little blue square appears on my wingman. How do I remove it? The Game Controls section has a "Deselect Current Visual Target" parameter, which I set, but doesn't remove the square. I can't find this command referenced in the 2012 manual.
cperleberg Posted October 3 Author Posted October 3 Apparently, the "Deselect Current Visual Target" command is not assigned at start, so it doesn't show up in the Manual. I've assigned it, and it doesn't seem to do anything.
yakarov79 Posted October 3 Posted October 3 no square, you have to remove it manually in the configuration file....I think HUDData.ini....
cperleberg Posted October 4 Author Posted October 4 (edited) I don't know what that key map is supposed to show -- I got one too! The above doesn't show "Deselect Current Visual Target" which is the button that apparently doesn't work. It seems the only way to unpadlock something is to padlock something else. This game is old. I find it hard to believe nobody has noticed this before.Strikefighters 2 Template Shift.pdf Edited October 4 by cperleberg attached pdf
Muesli Posted October 4 Posted October 4 5 hours ago, cperleberg said: I don't know what that key map is supposed to show -- I got one too! The above doesn't show "Deselect Current Visual Target" which is the button that apparently doesn't work. It seems the only way to unpadlock something is to padlock something else. This game is old. I find it hard to believe nobody has noticed this before.Strikefighters 2 Template Shift.pdf Maybe they noticed, but maybe they didn't make such a big deal of it and just played the game as it is. It's a game, and you can always play something else if you don't like it.
yakarov79 Posted October 4 Posted October 4 you build little confusion here...... so you are in your cockpit view F1 if you hit F4 (Padlock View) and then, for example, target the closest friendly, and then you can toggle - you are making "eye contact with the wingman" to deselect just UN-Padlock view....F4 or hit F1 F2 F3 i have a slightly different mapping, but I seriously just checked 2 minutes ago....and it works that way. Or I am stupid and do not understand anything... 1
cperleberg Posted October 4 Author Posted October 4 I continued to check and discovered that the key doesn't unpadlock friendlies, but it does unpadlock enemies. So padlock a wingman, then padlock something enemy, then hit the key.
yakarov79 Posted October 4 Posted October 4 ok...now i checked in options in game... Did you check there? it takes 16 seconds from game launch to go there... seriously? 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now