cperleberg Posted Saturday at 05:36 PM Posted Saturday at 05:36 PM Couldn't find this by searching. I padlock a friendly airplane ("Target Closest Visual Friendly Target" - CTRL-Y). A blue square appears on my wingman. I presume he's padlocked. How to I undo this? "Deselect Current Visual Target" doesn't do it. In fact, I can't seem to find that command in the Manual's keyboard list, although it appears in the game. How do I "unpadlock"?
yakarov79 Posted Saturday at 06:00 PM Posted Saturday at 06:00 PM f1 f2 f3 something on keypad just to look forward...? are you pressing some keys on the keyboard or you going to ask about any single key on the keyboard here in separate topics? seriously? 1
cperleberg Posted Saturday at 06:15 PM Author Posted Saturday at 06:15 PM I though I was clear. I press CTL-Y and a little blue square appears on my wingman. How do I remove it? The Game Controls section has a "Deselect Current Visual Target" parameter, which I set, but doesn't remove the square. I can't find this command referenced in the 2012 manual.
cperleberg Posted Saturday at 06:43 PM Author Posted Saturday at 06:43 PM Apparently, the "Deselect Current Visual Target" command is not assigned at start, so it doesn't show up in the Manual. I've assigned it, and it doesn't seem to do anything.
yakarov79 Posted Saturday at 06:50 PM Posted Saturday at 06:50 PM no square, you have to remove it manually in the configuration file....I think HUDData.ini....
Muesli Posted Saturday at 10:11 PM Posted Saturday at 10:11 PM Great what browsing the site can produce for results... 1
cperleberg Posted yesterday at 03:10 AM Author Posted yesterday at 03:10 AM (edited) I don't know what that key map is supposed to show -- I got one too! The above doesn't show "Deselect Current Visual Target" which is the button that apparently doesn't work. It seems the only way to unpadlock something is to padlock something else. This game is old. I find it hard to believe nobody has noticed this before.Strikefighters 2 Template Shift.pdf Edited 23 hours ago by cperleberg attached pdf
Muesli Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 5 hours ago, cperleberg said: I don't know what that key map is supposed to show -- I got one too! The above doesn't show "Deselect Current Visual Target" which is the button that apparently doesn't work. It seems the only way to unpadlock something is to padlock something else. This game is old. I find it hard to believe nobody has noticed this before.Strikefighters 2 Template Shift.pdf Maybe they noticed, but maybe they didn't make such a big deal of it and just played the game as it is. It's a game, and you can always play something else if you don't like it.
yakarov79 Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago you build little confusion here...... so you are in your cockpit view F1 if you hit F4 (Padlock View) and then, for example, target the closest friendly, and then you can toggle - you are making "eye contact with the wingman" to deselect just UN-Padlock view....F4 or hit F1 F2 F3 i have a slightly different mapping, but I seriously just checked 2 minutes ago....and it works that way. Or I am stupid and do not understand anything... 1
cperleberg Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago I continued to check and discovered that the key doesn't unpadlock friendlies, but it does unpadlock enemies. So padlock a wingman, then padlock something enemy, then hit the key.
yakarov79 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago ok...now i checked in options in game... Did you check there? it takes 16 seconds from game launch to go there... seriously? 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now