Sign in to follow this  
Heck

VPAF Campaign mod is Sierra Hotel!!!

Just returned to flight simming from a long hiatus. Found WOV and decided to try it. Found this site, and decided to try the VPAF Campaign mod. So far, I've just been flight testing in single mission mode, haven't started a campaign for "Uncle Ho" yet, but I have to say that what I've seen so far is S**t Hot, as they used to say. Installation per the read me was super simple. Thanks to all! What a great piece of work! Now, if only I can make "Uncle Ho" proud...

That was my baby , I worked on it for 6 months. Try the campaign please , it is where the game shines. Tons of real historical data on squadrons and aces. Also tons of skins depciting every last detail of every last squadron. Every unit that flew for uncle HO is flyable in game. The kitchen sink was thrown at that mod. Notice the flight names? even that was changed.

Enjoy it! it was a aTON of work! and a TON of fun to make.

Of course SF is only $5-10 so you may want to consider picking it up too.

errrr whats VPAF ?

VPAF is an absolutely awesome mod for Wings Over Vietnam that allows you to fly for the Vietnamese People's Air Force, complete with screens and pilot pictures taken of Vietnamese pilots. You can fly two versions of the Mig 17, the Mig 19, and two versions of the Mig 21. When an F8 Crusader tried to gun me in the traffic pattern at Phuc Yen while trying to land my damaged Mig 17, I knew this add on was going to be a hoot! It's in the campaign download section, and I highly recommend it. You'll have to do a separate install (or just copy, then paste your new copy of WOV to the recommended VPAF directory and install the files. The pilots of both sides were very brave men, and I hope no-one takes my next comment wrong, because the men we (America) sent into North Vietnam were the bravest of the brave to me, but it took a lot of courage for a Vietnamese pilot to climb into the cockpit of a Mig 21, knowing that he was physically too small for the ejection seat, and it would break either his back, or his neck, if he tried to use it. That too, required a special kind of courage...

Of course SF is only $5-10 so you may want to consider picking it up too.

Spent last night on a search of the local bargain bins for it. No joy. I'll have to order it online. There are just too many good mods for both these sims.

VPAF Campaign mod is S**t Hot!!!

Yes, I agree w/ Heck 100%! Great stuff MK2!! :clapping:

Hey MK2: Any chance you might do an add-on MiG-17PFU VPAF Campaign? :)