Sign in to follow this  

I recently had to reinstall sf after a disk error. i have patched it all the way up to 3.2. i have yom kippur , burning sands 2 installed. Both ctd at the 80% mark when loading, On my original install this did not happen. I had a backup of my objects directory elswhere and copied all my original aircraft etc to the new install.

my patch sequence was service pack 2, pack3 , pack 3.1, pack3.2.

Note ican use all my terrains and aircraft in single missions .

Any solutions.

Secondly how do I install more than 1 instaltion of sf without the cd asking me to unistall the prime instalation.

Any help appreciated

Secondly how do I install more than 1 instaltion of sf without the cd asking me to unistall the prime instalation.

Time for a fresh install I think (yes, I know that it will be a lot of work with your addons).

However, on the way once you have fully patched it copy & paste the complete game folder & rename it to whatever you fancy.

You can then run that install from the flightsim.exe in that folder or a shortcut to it.

If you keep 1 install untouched but fully patched it makes re-installs/installs for DBS/Korea etc. very quick ;)