hi,

I saw in an addons wepons pack we have tv guided weapons how do I lock on a target with them?

Or is this not possible yet?

hi,

I saw in an addons wepons pack we have tv guided weapons how do I lock on a target with them?

Or is this not possible yet?

lock up the ground target with the "E" button then point your gunsight at it and let fly with the fancy hardware

lock up the ground target with the "E" button then point your gunsight at it and let fly with the fancy hardware

Just about everything bar ARMs and JDAMs is far easier than real life, but then, this is a fun sim.

Anyone know if Radio command guided weapons (eg AGM-12 Bullpup) actually work as such, or do they just function like more accurate unguided rockets (eg. put your sight over the target and fire, like the operator would have to do in real life, but with the ability to adjust the flight path?)

Guest capun
Anyone know if Radio command guided weapons (eg AGM-12 Bullpup) actually work as such, or do they just function like more accurate unguided rockets (eg. put your sight over the target and fire, like the operator would have to do in real life, but with the ability to adjust the flight path?)

No, all other weapons (not Infrared, Radar, No guidance) pretty much work the same. You lock the target, get within a firing cone and fire away. Next target.

Guest pdelbarba

Tk should think about that in upcomeing patches :tomato:

You have to remember that TK's aim for these games is to keep them "light" & fun & not as realistic systems simulators a la F4.

The fact that the community has been able to hack something at all to simulate guidance for other weapons is a bit of luck.

Yes, they work to a point just like they did in real life. I have tried to do the ripple fire thing where I select a target drop a Bullpup or Walleye and then select another target. That has caused the weapon to go stupid and either dive right for the deck and hit nothing or try and swing near the other target. So you do have to wait for some of the air to ground weapons to finish guiding to the target before switiching to another target.