Sign in to follow this  

Playing and loving baring straights, but all the su 17s are hurtling around with Iraqi paint jobs at the moment. Has anyone got a soviet skin for the SU 17M? Bare metal or grey would be the most appropriate I suppose.

I would have asked on another forum where I think this campaign is more closely covered, but I have stuffed up my login and can't post there.

look at your su-17 ini file and swap the desert camo and soviet camo texture sets.

look at your su-17 ini file and swap the desert camo and soviet camo texture sets.

In the download that the campaign pointed to (and I haven't found another anywhere) there is only iraq and iraqc texture sets- both are desert camo. I think the download is off armour dave's site- is there another one with alternative skins anywhere?

Yes it's there too, that's where I got mine.

..shamless plug..... I have a few Su-17 skins here(but not Russian).The Su-17 download at Colum5.us comes with a silver and two camo Russian skins.And in the Marcfighters section here there are a few more skins

..shamless plug..... I have a few Su-17 skins here(but not Russian).The Su-17 download at Colum5.us comes with a silver and two camo Russian skins.And in the Marcfighters section here there are a few more skins

The penny drops. Can't recall exactly where mine was from (probably where ever the campaign pointed me too) but it's a zip file, not a 7z, and only has the two iraqi skins. Cheers for the pointers chaps, most helpfull. By all means plug away Whiteknight, no point hiding such a talent under a bushell.

This is a real boon, there is something so 'agricultural' yet right about the Fitter- it's got a similar poise to the tomcat in someways- I know a lot of folk might take umbridge at that, but they're both of that ilk of 'plane that just 'look right', y'know. Obviously in completely different ways, but they've both 'got it'.

The penny drops. Can't recall exactly where mine was from (probably where ever the campaign pointed me too) but it's a zip file, not a 7z, and only has the two iraqi skins. Cheers for the pointers chaps, most helpfull. By all means plug away Whiteknight, no point hiding such a talent under a bushell.

This is a real boon, there is something so 'agricultural' yet right about the Fitter- it's got a similar poise to the tomcat in someways- I know a lot of folk might take umbridge at that, but they're both of that ilk of 'plane that just 'look right', y'know. Obviously in completely different ways, but they've both 'got it'.

I undestand what you mean a bit.The Su-17 just looks like a "warplane".It has a real nasty look(esp from a front angle).I think it may have to do with the way the nose droops a bit,and the nose intake.One of the reasons I like the look of some russian planes is the they are usualy the result of years and years of progresional development and seem to have a funtion over form look to them.Western aircraft seem more like art somtimes,smooth lines ect. which really wasn't seen in the Communest blck untill the Mig-29/Su-27 generation.One of my all time favorite aircraft is The An-2.It just looks like it was designed by a mechanic rather than a aeronautical engineer.

By all means plug away Whiteknight, no point hiding such a talent under a bushell.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

:rofl: J/K bro :rofl: