I saw (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=1393) Paladrian's movie "VTOL Traning" and I was wondering if there is a way to install VTOL on any existing helicopters and planes.

Replies appreciated :)

PS- Is the Harrier supposed to have modded VTOL capabilities, because the AV-8C I downloaded (I downloaded both parts) doesn't have it. :wacko:

VSTOL currently isn't supported in the game to my understanding. So most 3rd party designers have sort of fudged it. That is why the helicopters and AV-8C's has a funky flight profiles and are easy to get into trouble fast.

VSTOL currently isn't supported in the game to my understanding. So most 3rd party designers have sort of fudged it. That is why the helicopters and AV-8C's has a funky flight profiles and are easy to get into trouble fast.

Disagree the AV8C has no less than 5 engines, 4 of them represent the 4 nozzles it also has the RCV's in the right places. I cant think of a better way to simulate a harrier to be honest, as for getting into trouble, well yeah, it is a difficult aircraft to fly in reality. Have you ever tried to balance a 20 odd tonne lump of metal on the top of a verticle thrust column! The hardest bit to master is the transition from flight to hover, but it's all the more rewarding when you get it mastered. It is a perfect, simulated, VTOL harrier, warts and all. I am not talking about the harriers with the big flap tweaks here either.

Yes VTOL is implemented in SF it just took a while for it the get figured out on how to do it.

Yes VTOL is implemented in SF it just took a while for it the get figured out on how to do it.

I remember in the readme, it said something about mapping thrust vectoring keys. Does anyone know how to do it?

I remember in the readme, it said something about mapping thrust vectoring keys. Does anyone know how to do it?

Just do it from inside the game in the option/control menu.

Just do it from inside the game in the option/control menu.

--Sorry for the late reply---

Thanks, I'll try it. :)

lol, what you see in my movie is not real VTOL :biggrin:

After some patch (I don't remember which one exactly), the speed units were changed for the vessels. This resulted in incredibly fast vessels that had been done before that patch, the carrier in my video is one of them.

This carrier in particular was faster than the landing speed, so what looks like VTOL in the video is actually plane and carrier going at the same speed. The video was not supposed to be serious stuff ;)

On the other hand the harrier features real VTOL :cool:

lol, what you see in my movie is not real VTOL :biggrin:

After some patch (I don't remember which one exactly), the speed units were changed for the vessels. This resulted in incredibly fast vessels that had been done before that patch, the carrier in my video is one of them.

This carrier in particular was faster than the landing speed, so what looks like VTOL in the video is actually plane and carrier going at the same speed. The video was not supposed to be serious stuff ;)

On the other hand the harrier features real VTOL :cool:

Oh. It looked so convincing! :shok: