Sign in to follow this  

Guest zerocinco

Does anyone know of the existence of any WOV-capable aircraft that were used by Air America?

We have the O-1, B-17, UH-1B, B-26, Bell 47,Hughes 500 but is there a Porter, Heliocourier, Beech 18, Otter, Caribou, C-46, C-47, UH-34, S-58T,...any of that?

expanding into the PDJ

The RLAF flew the T-28....I think there is one of those out there.

Maybe somebody can do a RLAF skin for it?

Guest zerocinco

Think anyone would believe an An-2 in gray with an Air America logo on the side? It's about the only thing that lands on top of the 8000 foot mountain top I have picked out for a Lima site. Give it a turbine soundtrack and call it a Pilatus Porter. Got to get Diego to make a pilot skin in an Aloha shirt.

(Is this part of WOV? Sure from Farm Gate right on up to landing a Huey on top of the Embassy. Not glorious but demanding of one's brain and eye/hand coordination. Plus, it's easy to get killed.)

Guest Diego

Back in the stone age when the UH-1"H" first came out, I made an AA skin for it. Let me scrounge it up and I'll send it to you.

Aloha shirt huh? I can use the ball cap pilot for this one.

Guest zerocinco

This isn't going to make anyone happy. But it's the only thing even close.

BTW, the end of the world is 920000 North and about where this An-2 is West. The PERFECT place for a CIA Lima site!

Guest zerocinco

Talk about EASY skinning!!!!

We have a T-28? Come forward cyber blackbirds and ravens.CL

Edited by charlielima

Guest zerocinco

CL, I have a whole scenario of war in the PDJ set. Lima sites. Radio stations. Resupply. Nail, Nimrod and Sandy. Phantoms from Udorn blowing everything to bits.

I might even have to make Vientiane if I can get someone to skin the door gunner to look like a hooker.

Only hang up right now is how to get one of the WP "smoke effects" to occur without firing a weapon. You know: "pop a smoke". This will be all visual without any little dots in the sky. Glad I made those small arms dudes now. Their groundfire doesn't go up higher than 1600 feet but I never disarmed the RPG. When that goes by your window, you know you're being shot at.

I'm always looking for a T-28 if someone can point me in the right direction. :smile:

you can try to tie the red smoke to an invisible object, wich can placed in missions like other groundobjects, even with time delay .... or use a visible object like an infantry squad or the shot down pilot, make a new version of it which has the smoke

MovementEmitterName=RedWilliePeteGroundExplosion (or GreenWilliePeteGroundExplosion/ YellowWilliePeteGroundExplosion)

MovementEmitterPosition=0.0,-3.07,0.50 <---- to get some offset for the smoke from the actual object

uhmm...just occured to me that this would only work with moving objects.....hmmm

it could be done with a stationary ground object (perhaps invisible) which has to be added to the terrain data and types ini, but it will be always there, stationary buildings have an effect like this one from the generator building :

Effect=SmokeStackEffect

EffectOffset=6.21,3.77,16.25

well, just some ideas

Guest zerocinco

Hmmm. Didn't try that way. I can't tie the smoke like a smokestack because of the nature of the critter. But I may use a piece of this. Anyway, it's pretty good like it is. I just want it to look like a smoke grenade on the ground.