Sign in to follow this  
Hogpen13

LOMAC A-10 video

Just a few comments on the a-10 video. Fist I would like to say the rez was not good enough for me to see much of the HUD so most of my observations are on the video itself and some interesting things I noticed.

Whoever was flying the Hog in the video I loved the way you were flying cover for your wingman before rolling-in to do your attack , that was real world tatices in action! I also noticed it was number two doing the attack so there must be a way to tell the AI which target to hit, either in mission builder of during flight, that makes me feel good. I also like the way the Mavericks “go high” after launch and dive on the target, nice realistic touch. I did notice the TVM was blank after launching the maverick where it should be showing “snow” or the video from the remaining mavs, maybe this is not implemented yet but it would be nice to see static after the mav is launched.

I wish the video would have stayed in the cockpit a little longer when firing the Avenger, I would have liked to see what it looked like from the pit. I love the GAU-8A smoke but I wish is was a little darker or.. dirtier ..I think it’s just to clean and white. Also IMHO I would like to see the tracers taken out, the A-10 only used them during gun tests but I

understand some may like them to help “tweak” their aim. In the real Hog the gun piper is all you need because that is where the rounds are going to hit, and it would be nice to see smoke when I pull the trigger, a second of “silence”, then watch as the rounds pepper the target like CBU bomblets! I would have also liked to have seen the HUD vibrate during

gun fire but Andy Bush and I beat that horse to death a few months ago LOL.

The bomb drop was cool and I loved the video, everything above is just MHO... Can’t wait to get my hands on the Warthog! :D :D

indeed, the hog clip made me want the sim even more..

Why even put in the other aircraft when most people are just looking forward to flying the hog

I can't wait to see it either. I've always been more of an a2a dogfighter since past sims have not hat breathtakingly realistic scenery. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for this sim to hit the shelves. I hope that online MP is everything it should be. :D

Hey Dice, do we now if #2 in that video was AI or Matt W.? My Guess is that now Matt's got IL2FB to Gold, he's got some time to blow a few things up before getting back to Lomac business...hehe

Cheers!

I can't wait to see it either.  I've always been more of an a2a dogfighter since past sims have not hat breathtakingly realistic scenery.  I'm chomping at the bit waiting for this sim to hit the shelves.  I hope that online MP is everything it should be.  :D    

Hey Dice, do we now if #2 in that video was AI or Matt W.?  My Guess is that now Matt's got IL2FB to Gold, he's got some time to blow a few things up before getting back to Lomac business...hehe

Cheers!

Sorry about the slow responce time from me but they are working on the phone lines in my area and I can't get on the net from home... hopefully this will only last another weeek or so! :(

I don't know if #2 was AI or Matt but like I said.. it looked cool the way they did it! :shock: