I edited the campaign that comes with DRV V13 (?) and now it doesn't work. I remember that I did something similar before installing SP4, (I did a clean install and I thought that the other one wasn't very good) I think I did a better job this time, and I even made my own screens (for winning, losing, and starting). Can someone try it out and see what's wrong? :) Problem Solved

EDIT:

Installation: Once you unzip it, take the two folders (Campaigns and Menu) and drop them into you main SF directory. If you already have a Campaign3, rename it or something else, or backup it.

Notes: The "DEFAULTBASESCREEN.bmp" changes your starting campaign screen (from the Menu.cat)

Uninstallation: Delete the following:

Menu:

-Campaign3LOSE.bmp

-Campaign3WIN.bmp

-DEFAULTBASESCREEN.bmp

Campaigns:

-Campaign3LOSE.txt

-Campaign3WIN.txt

-Campaign3STALL.txt

-Campaign3START1

-Campaign3START2

=Campaign3

-10THDESC.txt

-44THDESC.txt

-436DESC.txt

-VA35DESC.txt

-VF84DESC.txt

-VPAFDESC.txt

-Campaign3.ini

-Campaign3_DATA.ini

Issues: I am not a modder, I can not do wonders like some other people on this site, so it may be something simple I have overlooked. That aside, the problem is that when you chose the squadron and click accept, it freezes for a second and crashes. I am sorry to anyone that I borrowed stuff from.

Edited by jtin

did you edit the actual campaigndata.ini to show the units?

EDIT: Yes I did, but I found out the problem. Apparently patch 3.2 didn't care if the aircraft in your campaign didn't exist in the timeframe of your campaign, so I changed the A-6E (TRAM) to and A-6A, and it works. It's not because of that. (see post #5) If you want, I can ask the neccesary people for permission and upload it. I need these people's permission:

Whoever that did the DRV terrain

Whoever did the Desert Dagger campaign

(I'm taking off the attachment)

Edited by jtin

Whoever that did the DRV terrain

Whoever did the Desert Dagger campaign

(I'm taking off the attachment)

DRV was made by Gepard. Not sure about the Deser Dagger though. Glad you got it worked out.

It's not because of the timeframe, for some reason it doesn't matter. I found that in the CampaignX.ini you'll find the different aircraft selections:

[uSAFUnit001]

UnitName=10th TFW

ForceID=1

UnitID=1<-------------------What I got wrong was the UnitID

StartDate=1968

DescFile=10THDESC.txt

StartText=Campaign3START1.txt

and if you look at the CampaignXData.ini, 10th TFW is actually:

[AirUnit002]

AircraftType=F-4c

Squadron=10TFS

StartDate=11/04/1968

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

DefaultTexture=USAFGrey1...

What it depends on is the ForceID. In this case, AirUnit001 is ForceID=2, the enemy. The UnitID is based on the force. If your ForceID is 1, then you need to see or put the aircraft in order from top to bottom with ForceID=1, the ForceID=2 (or vice versa), then the same ForceID's order gives you the UnitID. For instance, the 10th TFW is UnitID=1.

I just posted this so if anyone has trouble like I did in the future, they'll know what's wrong. (I'm a "do it and see if it works" type of person)

I'll work out some bugs and upload the campaign.