Sign in to follow this  
Guest Saganuay82

ATTN: CF-5A - 433 or 434 SQN

Guest Saganuay82

I can't remember who it was but somebody here was 433 or 434 SQN.

Check the attached pic and tell me if it looks right. I might go and buy that $80 book at the RCAF Museum here on base before I get posted out.

Guess i should have mentioned its the 433 SQN markings on the intake. 434 is done also.

Edited by Saganuay82

I never did the RCAF, just the USAF, but those are some darned fine looking jets!

Good job, man...

Guest Saganuay82

Thanks but I think Sundowner actually did the skins. I just changed the tails and added a marking to make the 433/434 skin.

What would be cool is to see a two seater.

Fine looking airplanes !! The 433rd is the Porcupine Squadron and the 434th the Blue Nose Squadron (name of the boat). I have to get those skins. I worked on these babies at Canadair in the 80's and also at Bagotville and Cold Lake. One of my favorite fighter plane, small , fast and manoeuvrable. :)

Guest Saganuay82
Fine looking airplanes !! The 433rd is the Porcupine Squadron and the 434th the Blue Nose Squadron (name of the boat). I have to get those skins. I worked on these babies at Canadair in the 80's and also at Bagotville and Cold Lake. One of my favorite fighter plane, small , fast and manoeuvrable. :)

There ya are. I knew there was one here. What I want to know is if the markings for 433 is correct for the 80's. We had 434 at CFB Chatham when I was in high school and remember them. Easy to find theirs and 419 but 433 is harder.

I have a 433 and 434 history book here but its hard to nail down what markings they carried for a certain time period.

post-17147-1151294083_thumb.jpg

You got it right . See the pic taken in the '80s at Toronto airshow. The skins could need some upgrades to add the formation light strips and other minors details , i will get on it soon !!! Note that a lot of CF-5's never worn their squadron colors .... like these 2 with the nose camera. :) Another thing to modify but i didnt succeed so far was to change the numbers on the tail. All CF-5 numbers start by 166 followed by 3 numbers in the 700 or 800 for CF-5D's. Like all CF-188 starts by 188XXX .....

Edited by Capt.Scarlet

Guest Saganuay82

You gonna get right on it?

Well good luck with the slimers. Nobody will tell me how they are done for the other planes and the new F/A-18s will have them built right into the model.

If the decal is in the right place then that is all I needed. The decals is easy and I have this website to go to.

http://www.odynet.ca/~bwalker/index.htm