Sign in to follow this  

Hey all , how you all doing? I'm here to make a pest of myself again . the problem i have is that i need to make a black version of the F-16 Centreline Tank to go with a skin i'm working on and despite reading all the FAQ's and the knowledgebase and playing around with .ini files and the weapon editor i just dont seem to be able to do it , probably cos i'm stupid and missed something important but anyway i just can't do it .

So please would someone take pity on and old fool and tell me in the simplest possible terms what i need to do? Hoping to hear from you tho there's no real rush cos as i say its for a skin which i am nowhere near finishing yet , but just as a taster here's a screenie of progress so far.

Belgtiger.jpg

P.S. if anyone is already working on this skin please let me know so i can save myself some heartache cos this is really difficult for me but i would like to see it finished and flying.

Edited by Deadhead

What do you need help with? Skinning the tank, or loading it on the plane? I can help you with loading, but skinning is not among my skills.

Very interesting skin, I assume its designed to camoflage the use of afterburner in the dogfight. :wink:

Here's what I did to get some matching tanks for a skin: (IIRC, USAFMTL posted the how-to somewhere, but I can't find his original post right now...)

1. Copy the .lod file for the tank you wish to re-skin and rename it to the name you wish to use.

2. Open the .lod file in a hex editor (I used WinHex).

3. Scroll down until you see the text that specifies the .bmp file.

4. Edit the file name to your new name. I think it must have the same number of characters in the name as the original - someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

5. Save the .lod

6. Add your tank using the Weapon Editor (check the Knowledgebase for instructions on that)

Lexx, I think it's a "Tiger Meet" skin. Nice!

Edited by Jarink

Here's what I did to get some matching tanks for a skin: (IIRC, USAFMTL posted the how-to somewhere, but I can't find his original post right now...)

1. Copy the .lod file for the tank you wish to re-skin and rename it to the name you wish to use.

2. Open the .lod file in a hex editor (I used WinHex).

3. Scroll down until you see the text that specifies the .bmp file.

4. Edit the file name to your new name. I think it must have the same number of characters in the name as the original - someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

5. Save the .lod

6. Add your tank using the Weapon Editor (check the Knowledgebase for instructions on that)

Lexx, I think it's a "Tiger Meet" skin. Nice!

Thx for the advice guys will try what you suggest, the problem was not with skin but with adding to the weapons i'm a total noob to doing that. You're right Jarink it is a Tigermeet skin , Belgian Air Force from somewhere around 1998 i think, i've had a Revell 48th scale model of this F-16 for some years now and never built it (probably never will now cos i get very little time for modelling these days) and i have a few photos in Air Forces Monthly magazine so i have plenty references but its not easy translating them into a decent skin,least not for me hehe. Thx again m8s will let u know how i get on.