Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maico

Great Game!

Guest Maico

Sometimes it takes me a while to get the full effect. I am a slow starter. I try to enjoy my sims the way I enjoy my wine. Little sips at first. While I have been learning and programing WOV, I have flown only in the single missions. This was nice enough but the Carreer Mode is really where its at.

Yesturday I began my first carreer over Nam. I like the hunting role, so I took up the "Last of the Gunfighters". The Cruisader Rocks! This is without a doubt the best aspect of this sim. The excitement of the missions is undeniable. The Predatory Migs vs the laden down A4 and Thuds. I swoop down and kill a shooter. His partner is on me. We spiral down till I get on his tail. Fox one misses but fox two makes a pretty fireball for me to fly through. And now the flak lights me up (litterally) all the way back up. This AAA is beautifull and exciting. It is not deadly witch is great by me but it really lights up the sky and provides a lot of drama to the missions. As I chase my next gommer, the flak is non stop. You really feel "In the thick of it".

My first couple of missions went really good. Then on the third one I ran out of fuel as I was setting up for final. I did not get credit for taking out that bridge (after the third bomb run) or getting them Migs. Wow! tough game. However, I look forward to re doing the mission.

Comming from Lock On and IL2 to this sim, I can defenetly say that this is FUN! I recomend this Sim to anyone.

Maico

If you're really into the carrier experience, and you haven't already found it, don't forget to get the carrier chatter download in the SF Sounds section of the downloads. Great stuff. And if you haven't done it already, bump up the power on the A-7's to what it actually was. Makes them more fun to fly. If you don't know how to do it, pm me and I'll explain what to do. I don't know if you've gotten into ini modding, or not. Enjoy. It's a great sim that's constantly modified by a lot of great people, and there's lots of help available, both from people answering questions, and from the Knowledge section of the forums.

But one of the best things about this game (or series of games) has got to be the support. If you post a problem at the Thirdwire support forums, TK is almost certain to help you out himself, along with the rest of the non-technically challenged (which is a group I'm certainly not part of) who hang out there.

It's a lot like with the IL-2 series, except Mr. Maddox doesn't have that much time to answer the various threads directed to him.

If you're really into the carrier experience, and you haven't already found it, don't forget to get the carrier chatter download in the SF Sounds section of the downloads. Great stuff. And if you haven't done it already, bump up the power on the A-7's to what it actually was. Makes them more fun to fly. If you don't know how to do it, pm me and I'll explain what to do. I don't know if you've gotten into ini modding, or not. Enjoy. It's a great sim that's constantly modified by a lot of great people, and there's lots of help available, both from people answering questions, and from the Knowledge section of the forums.

I'd be interested in the power bump for the A-7s. To be honest, I didn't even notice the underpower since they were notorious as being underpowered in the real world. If the sim has them even more underpowered, I need the fix. Can you provide the how-to in this forum? I would imagine that there are others interested as well.

I'd be interested in the power bump for the A-7s. To be honest, I didn't even notice the underpower since they were notorious as being underpowered in the real world. If the sim has them even more underpowered, I need the fix. Can you provide the how-to in this forum? I would imagine that there are others interested as well.

You're a better flyer than I am, because I couldn't even get the original A-7a off the runway with any bomb load that I've seen them carrying in photos. :rofl: And don't forget to download the A-7b, d, and e from here, Armor Dave's site, or Column5.US. If you don't have the A-7a data ini in the individual a/c folder, then you'll have to extract it using the SFP-1 cat extractor. It will extract it to the objects folder, you'll have to drag it to the individual a/c folder, once extracted. The data ini's for the b,d, and e will already be in the individual a/c folders. Open them with notepad, then scroll down to the line in the engine section called SL Thrust dry. Replace them with these:

A-7a

SLThrustDry=50487.07

A-7b

SLThrustDry=54268.04

A-7d& e

SLThrustDry=63386.85

Now, you'll have an A-7a that's underpowered compared to other US planes, and it's A-7e version, but is still a heavy hauler. I think the original just went too far trying to give you the impression of being underpowered, and reduced the thrust below actual levels. I notice the difference when I switch from an A model into the E, which is the way I think it should be. Back up your original data ini on the A-7b,d, and e if you have it, because it's not in the cat file. If you don't like the A-7a, just delete this new data ini and the game will revert to the one in the cat file. Hope this helps.

Edited by Heck