Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

MissileObject.dll causing an error

After installing the requirements for Wings over Europe: Operation Final Dawn

and then the file its self, i get an error message from windows, stating that the MissileObject.dll had caused some kind of error and the program automatically shuts down. Does anyone know what is wrong? I do have the latest weapons pack.

After installing the requirements for Wings over Europe: Operation Final Dawn

and then the file its self, i get an error message from windows, stating that the MissileObject.dll had caused some kind of error and the program automatically shuts down. Does anyone know what is wrong? I do have the latest weapons pack.

Check here.

http://bunyap2w1.com/SFP1_Wiki/index.php?t...bject.ini_error

Edited by Agamemnon

Thanks for the link. However, the first two reasons that it explained that could be the cause shouldn't be the cause. I have the latest patch for WOE (it said that it could be installed using any version of WOE - does this also mean stock version as well?). I also have the latest weapons pack as well, so that shouldn't be a problem. The only other reason would be the rocket pod, which would be a very tedious task to sort through and find.

I have only seen this when I have been using an older version of the Weapons Editor to add weapons.

To check this go into the "weapons" folder and cut the file "Weapondata.DAT" and paste it somewhere safe.

Then run the game and see if its okay.

If it does run now - you will notice that the new weapons probably are not in the game anymore but at least we know what the problem is.

You basically have to use the weaponeditor included in the latest weapon pack - (run under Windows 98 mode) if you use Win XP to open up weapondata.INI and save it which will create a new working weapondata.dat file.

hope this makes sense - if not come back.

there is loads of info about this on the WOE/WOV knowledge base on this site -

I have only seen this when I have been using an older version of the Weapons Editor to add weapons.

To check this go into the "weapons" folder and cut the file "Weapondata.DAT" and paste it somewhere safe.

Then run the game and see if its okay.

If it does run now - you will notice that the new weapons probably are not in the game anymore but at least we know what the problem is.

You basically have to use the weaponeditor included in the latest weapon pack - (run under Windows 98 mode) if you use Win XP to open up weapondata.INI and save it which will create a new working weapondata.dat file.

hope this makes sense - if not come back.

there is loads of info about this on the WOE/WOV knowledge base on this site -

Well, it sort of worked. The program opens up fie. However, when I try to open up a mission, I get another error, indicating that the d3dx9_30.dll file is now missing and that the only way to recover is to re-install the application. I got the same message with my non-modded version of WOE. So I reinstalled that version. It worked fine after that. I then patched that version with the latest patch and I got the same message again. Any ideas why this is now happening?

Well, it sort of worked. The program opens up fie. However, when I try to open up a mission, I get another error, indicating that the d3dx9_30.dll file is now missing and that the only way to recover is to re-install the application. I got the same message with my non-modded version of WOE. So I reinstalled that version. It worked fine after that. I then patched that version with the latest patch and I got the same message again. Any ideas why this is now happening?

I think that error is to do with the version of direct X you have.

If you are patched up to the latest version of the game then download the latest version of Direct X from Microsofts web site. Even though you may already have Direct X 9c there are later versions of it required for the game.

The link at the bottom of this page should send you to the right place (its the same for each game in the series):

http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_wov.htm

I think that error is to do with the version of direct X you have.

If you are patched up to the latest version of the game then download the latest version of Direct X from Microsofts web site. Even though you may already have Direct X 9c there are later versions of it required for the game.

The link at the bottom of this page should send you to the right place (its the same for each game in the series):

http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_wov.htm

Yeah, right when I made that last post I realized that's what the error message was telling me (I on a bit of a hang-over so thinking is kind of hard). So I got it updated and everything works fine. Now I need some asprin.