Sign in to follow this  
mangaroca

I need info/help on the F-14 Tomcat

Hi All,

I just love the Tomcat! :) I am constantly looking for any game that gives me the ability to fly it. I'm new to this forum and to Strike Fighters. Therefore, I have some questions:

1) Wings Over Europe is a flight sim that was released this year right?

2) Is there a way to fly a Tomcat in WoE? Basically, which one (of these three games: WoE, WoV, Project 1) has a flyable Tomcat?

3) What is the difference between SF Gold and SF Project 1?

4) Please, would anyone write what files (and in what order) I need to install over either WoE, WoV or SF Project 1/Gold to get all there is about the Tomcat: perhaps an improved 3d model, new skins, cockpit and weapons. I would really appreciate this kind of help!

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I just love the Tomcat! :) I am constantly looking for any game that gives me the ability to fly it. I'm new to this forum and to Strike Fighters. Therefore, I have some questions:

1) Wings Over Europe is a flight sim that was released this year right?

2) Is there a way to fly a Tomcat in WoE? Basically, which one (of these three games: WoE, WoV, Project 1) has a flyable Tomcat?

3) What is the difference between SF Gold and SF Project 1?

4) Please, would anyone write what files (and in what order) I need to install over either WoE, WoV or SF Project 1/Gold to get all there is about the Tomcat: perhaps an improved 3d model, new skins, cockpit and weapons. I would really appreciate this kind of help!

Thanks in advance!

1. Wings over Europe is the latest in the series and was released this year yes.

2. None of the games have the F14 in off the shelf - it is a third party Mod - you need to download it from the downloads section here or from www.column5.us.

It should work in any game of the series - you will find that about 95% of the mods work ok in SFP1/SFG/WOV and WOE because they all use the same engine.

3. SFG was released later in europe, includes 3 more campaigns and has a lot more placed ground objects. The C130 and F104 were removed from this game due to copyright issues - but could be added later anyway by downloads from Thirdwires site.

4.Each download should come with a readme file. Usually you download the plane and drag the folder with the files to the objects/aircraft folder.

Adding weapons can be more tricky - but its really not difficult if you persist.

Read the knowledgebase on this site and also search the simhq.com forum also regarding any questions - everything you need to know can be found by searching :)

If you try to use the Tomcat in WOV, you'll have to tweak the game's end date a bit. Its easy to do though.

As CoolHand said you can add the Mirage Factory Tomcat to any of the three sims. I'd suggest buying WOV if you like naval aviation and WOE if you are an Air Force enthusiast.

Also, Flying Toaster has produced a new F-14B model and it is absolutely stunning. Look for it to be released by the Mirage Factory towards the end of the year or early 2007 if things go according to plan.

Edited by column5

I grabbed a Mirage Factory Tomcat(from Avsim?) and it's a self install - great!