Sign in to follow this  

hi all...im new to WOE and ive downloaded and installed several carriers and i cant find none of em when im playing the missions....can anyone help me out on this?

Follow this link:

http://www.column5.us/carriers.htm

You'll need one of the mission editors found here to create missions for them. The only way that the game sees them is if you change their nationality to GENERIC. But then, you'll only see them as a target, not a place to launch from. The link explains how to add them as a base, so the mission editors will allow you to take off from them. I use Le Missioneur, found at Checksix, and they work well. Hope this helps.

Follow this link:

http://www.column5.us/carriers.htm

You'll need one of the mission editors found here to create missions for them. The only way that the game sees them is if you change their nationality to GENERIC. But then, you'll only see them as a target, not a place to launch from. The link explains how to add them as a base, so the mission editors will allow you to take off from them. I use Le Missioneur, found at Checksix, and they work well. Hope this helps.

ive manage to get a carrier up..the cv-63 i think..the only problem is its not in the water..it moves on land...when landing, the ai planes uses it...but the planes just goes right thru the carrier and blows up...wat am i doing wrong?

Bacma, let me know what type of aircraft you're trying to use, and I'll create you a test mission to fly in Le Missioneur. It will put the carrier in the proper location and should allow you to fly from it, so you can see what the .msn file should look like. Just let me know the type of plane you want to fly and I'll have it posted here for you by Sunday, USA East coast time. In the interim, try changing your aircraft carrier's position to:

Position=139648.437500,842773.500000,2500.000000

This should put it in the North Sea. As far as it flying over land, they will, if you let them. If you approach a ship in the game low enough, or crash near it, you'll see that they actually fly a number of feet above the water. This is the way the game models them, as if they're giant airplanes that fly at one height all the time. It's normal. As far as your flying through the carrier, let's get you a properly set up mission using the right carrier capable aircraft to see if we can test what the problem is. I have about a fifty percent accident rate on deck landings so far, but that's because it's difficult, and I suck. Let me set up a mission for you, and we'll make you into a tail hooker yet.

Bacma, let me know what type of aircraft you're trying to use, and I'll create you a test mission to fly in Le Missioneur. It will put the carrier in the proper location and should allow you to fly from it, so you can see what the .msn file should look like. Just let me know the type of plane you want to fly and I'll have it posted here for you by Sunday, USA East coast time. In the interim, try changing your aircraft carrier's position to:

Position=139648.437500,842773.500000,2500.000000

This should put it in the North Sea. As far as it flying over land, they will, if you let them. If you approach a ship in the game low enough, or crash near it, you'll see that they actually fly a number of feet above the water. This is the way the game models them, as if they're giant airplanes that fly at one height all the time. It's normal. As far as your flying through the carrier, let's get you a properly set up mission using the right carrier capable aircraft to see if we can test what the problem is. I have about a fifty percent accident rate on deck landings so far, but that's because it's difficult, and I suck. Let me set up a mission for you, and we'll make you into a tail hooker yet.

i can only get it to appear on the red hammer campaign..i use the default fighter for the campaign..the f4 d i believe...ive also downloaded several carrier based aircrafts such as the tomcat and the hornet...can they be set to carrier takeoffs/landing also?...sorry for all the questions...im new to the game i just got psyched wen i found out you can use carriers on this game..i'll those coordinates u gave for the carrier..thnks

i can only get it to appear on the red hammer campaign..i use the default fighter for the campaign..the f4 d i believe...ive also downloaded several carrier based aircrafts such as the tomcat and the hornet...can they be set to carrier takeoffs/landing also?...sorry for all the questions...im new to the game i just got psyched wen i found out you can use carriers on this game..i'll those coordinates u gave for the carrier..thnks

The issue is that carriers will only appear in either campaigns or custom (scripted) missions. They will not appear in game-generated missions. This cannot be fixed by anyone other than the game's developer.

Any SF-series aircraft can be made carrier capable. The F-14 and F-18 already are.