Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I am currently using WoV p083006 version. No add-ons installed. I´ve got two questions: First, how can I target with the various LGBs and other guided munitions like the Maverick? Then I have a second question: I never have the LGBs available in campaign games, even if I try Linebacker I or II missions and use the F4. Also I figure that the A6 did indeed carry Walleyes during the Vietnam War. But I can´t find ´em in any campaign game.

I´d really enjoy your help!

Thanks!

Edited by JochenPeiper

Hi,

I am currently using WoV p083006 version. No add-ons installed. I´ve got two questions: First, how can I target with the various LGBs and other guided munitions like the Maverick? Then I have a second question: I never have the LGBs available in campaign games, even if I try Linebacker I or II missions and use the F4. Also I figure that the A6 did indeed carry Walleyes during the Vietnam War. But I can´t find ´em in any campaign game.

I´d really enjoy your help!

Thanks!

1. To fire the guided weapons, you have to have the target selected (it should automatically be selected once you reach the objective point if it's your primary target). Then, push enter like any other bomb.

2. You have to have the guided weapons avaliable in your campaigndata. ini . Scroll to the aircraft unit you want to put the weapons on, and add it to the supply list. Also, you have too make sure that the aircraft you're using can carry those weapons. To make sure, go to the aircraftdata.ini, and look under the weaponsdata and look at attachment type. I think the code for guided bombs is LGB and guided missles is AHM.

I would reccomend that you get the weapons pack as it adds a lot of more weapons and also has a PDF telling you how to use them and such. Also, look in the knowledge base as it gives you alot of advice.

1. To fire the guided weapons, you have to have the target selected (it should automatically be selected once you reach the objective point if it's your primary target). Then, push enter like any other bomb.

2. You have to have the guided weapons avaliable in your campaigndata. ini . Scroll to the aircraft unit you want to put the weapons on, and add it to the supply list. Also, you have too make sure that the aircraft you're using can carry those weapons. To make sure, go to the aircraftdata.ini, and look under the weaponsdata and look at attachment type. I think the code for guided bombs is LGB and guided missles is AHM.

I would reccomend that you get the weapons pack as it adds a lot of more weapons and also has a PDF telling you how to use them and such. Also, look in the knowledge base as it gives you alot of advice.

:clapping: Thank you!

I have installed the weapons pack and those nice things are there. Unfortunately I still cannot use LGBs in campaigns. In the campaign.ini there are only the available squadrons, not the weapons.

No, you want to read the campaigndata.ini.

Look for the squadron and their last entries are a list of supplies. To add supplies just add 2 lines for - weapon type and quantity. Make sure these lines continue in sequence.

Only squadrons with flyable a/c need to have supply items listed.

Edited by csb

I have installed the weapons pack and those nice things are there. Unfortunately I still cannot use LGBs in campaigns. In the campaign.ini there are only the available squadrons, not the weapons.

Thank you for having so much patience with me. Unfortunately I think I am dump. I can not find the campaigndata.ini. What folder should it be in?

No, you want to read the campaigndata.ini.

Look for the squadron and their last entries are a list of supplies. To add supplies just add 2 lines for - weapon type and quantity. Make sure these lines continue in sequence.

Only squadrons with flyable a/c need to have supply items listed.

Plus you need to have some kind of targetting munition on your pylons e.g., pavetack, that will allow the LGBs to have an illuminated target to hone in on.

Thank you for having so much patience with me. Unfortunately I think I am dump. I can not find the campaigndata.ini. What folder should it be in?

It sounds to me like you have to extract it first. The original Campaign.data files are in….Program Files/Wings Over Vietnam/Flight/MissionData.cat. You need to extract them using the SFP1 Extract Utility then move the extracted data file into the relevant Campaign Folder for edited changes to take effect.

It sounds to me like you have to extract it first. The original Campaign.data files are in….Program Files/Wings Over Vietnam/Flight/MissionData.cat. You need to extract them using the SFP1 Extract Utility then move the extracted data file into the relevant Campaign Folder for edited changes to take effect.

Ok, thanks again. I´ll give it a try. What I do not understand honestly is why they didn´t do that automatically with one of their patches... Should have been in all players interest and would have been realistic, too.

Ok, thanks again. I´ll give it a try. What I do not understand honestly is why they didn´t do that automatically with one of their patches... Should have been in all players interest and would have been realistic, too.

The advantage of keeping them in the cat file is that if you mess up the mods, you can always delete the messed up file and you're back in shape to start again. The other advantage is that it keeps the important files intact and compact.