Click below for the video.

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s19.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/dwcsnake/SF%20stuff/MP/2%20October%202006/2October2006-3.flv"></embed>

a higher quality/resolution version of this video is @

iation.com/videos/dwcace/1099/]http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/dwcace/1099/[/url]

th_2October2006-3.jpg

Edited by dwcace

Nice movie.

I always forget to take footage when I am playing. I just had a pretty good co-op session the other night while helping some people learn how to connect and host. I have never gotten used to having a PC strong enough to run fraps. I should leave it on all the time since I already have a record toggle mapped into my joystick profile.

Hot...real hot...with F-14's...I'm a fan.

Hello,

Here's what I have got going:

Via Hyperlobby (in the Wings Over Vietnam lobby), I am leaving up a Wings Over Europe (merged with Wings Over Vietnam and patched to 08.30.06) dogfight server. I have a special post in this forum and at Third Wire forum on this setup.

I also have a Hamachi network available with details in another post. This is actually more important than my "server". Once people learn to use Hamachi, it provides a reliable way to connect without having to fight firewalls and routers. So poeple can meet at Hyperlobby, then agree to join a Hamachi network and host/play anything they like :) For those who want to join my server but can't do so due to firewall/router issues, they can join it through my Hamachi network.

The main reason for me to leave a server up is to provide a solid host for those that can't host themselves. With Hamachi, almost anyone can host with a minimum of effort. So the real purpose of my server now is to provide a good clean/patched install for people to try joining to verify that their install is correct. The problem with Hamachi is that it does not provide a way to find other players and any given network can only have 16 members at a time.

I think I am going to start hanging out on the free CombatAce teamspeak server whenever I am in front of a PC. Maybe that can be the messenger hub for meeting people who want to play?

So to get a good multiplayer group going:

1. As many people as possible need to pop in to Hyperlobby on a regular basis to find recruits.

2. Everybody needs to be on the same messenger so that we know when others are available to play.

3. Get everyone converted to Hamachi to eliminate networking issues and the need to deal with IP addresses.

While I still love this sim and think it is best when played online, between my wife (7 months pregnant) and work, I simply have not had the time to devote to multiplayer. What free time I have had, I spent beta testing and lately making hi-res cockpits for the F-4. With a newborn baby coming up in December, I don't know when my schedule will ever stabilize enough to allow me to play online regularly. I still try to provide tech support to help others get going and every now and then, I actually get to play :)

Edited by streakeagle

Hi Streak, thanks for the info and congratulations for the baby!

Maybe it´s time to upgrade. I´m still running SF:P1, so for now I´m outta business.

A little story: Back in 2004 I used to join your Project 1 server at 9-10pm ET (I usually picked the A4 Super Echo). One time, TimCanada, you and me were dogfighting and I recalled that I had to call my girlfriend (now wife) so I landed the plane and took it to the tarmac. Then I called her.

I assume you and Tim did the same. And I don´t know if you or Tim took a pic of the three planes parked, and posted it in this forum.

A week later, I showed the pic to my girlfriend. During a month from that day, she always asked me "Have you parked your plane to call me??"