Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

3D MAX 5 Devils Triangle

Lately something weird has been happening with 3d Max. All of a sudden parts of my model become transparent or dissapears..Take a look at this screen shot can anyone explain to me why this is happening before my Puter fly's out the window

problempq1.jpg

Guest capun

It looks like the Normals are flipped. In most cases mesh faces are one-sided and facing outward.

So if you view around the mesh, there could be a time when some of the mesh faces disappear, specially when you applied a one-sided material to it.

For faces facing inwards (usually happening after a clone/mirror), select the faces and either Flip them or apply a Normal to the Stack.

My guess is that the whole nacelle section is facing inward, so applying Normal to the whole mesh should take care of it

It looks like the Normals are flipped. In most cases mesh faces are one-sided and facing outward.

So if you view around the mesh, there could be a time when some of the mesh faces disappear, specially when you applied a one-sided material to it.

For faces facing inwards (usually happening after a clone/mirror), select the faces and either Flip them or apply a Normal to the Stack.

My guess is that the whole nacelle section is facing inward, so applying Normal to the whole mesh should take care of it

tried the modifier normal....still not fixed :dntknw:

a little more info on this problem...It usualy happens after I make a movable surface In my case I was creating the flaps..and after I picked the Boolean it happened :dntknw:

Edited by Veltro2k

Guest capun

I can spare some time to take a look at it, not much but I can see what is the problem

Do you have my e-mail?

I can spare some time to take a look at it, not much but I can see what is the problem

Do you have my e-mail?

Fixed the problem...I exported the model,deleted the planes, recreated the planes, imported the model using new material, and that fixed it :ok: