Sign in to follow this  
ZorboZ

Hi everyone!

Hi all,

i do like Aircombat games and i played IL2/PF for a long time

and i bought WoV just a few weeks ago because its price ( 5 € isnt the world)

im not active in the Internet because i dont have an Joystick and without that

your defeated on the internet i think :ohmy:

im from Germany and

well

i got some Questions :smile:

1.I applied that Service pack to WoV and then downloaded the Patch.Both is Installed now correctly.

2.I want to Download some New Planes to WoV. can i take all of the thirdwire section (there is no special WoV section,so im confused) or cant i add some Planes for my game because they are made for VoE or SF ?

3.What is that thing with the Mods?how are they to apply?

4.Can someone please make a list of the best addons/mods for WoV for an Really good Gaming experience?

thx

ZorboZ

Edited by ZorboZ

after several DirectX reinstalls i finally made it.

but i want to ask now

HOW do i install Planes without an .Exe (most come in Rar files) it tells me to place the files into the "aircraft" folder,but i dont got that ,suppose its from SP

how do i install such Planes?

Here's the post I sent you via PM:

"Hey, I figured while you were on I'd catch you before you left. All aircraft from SFP,WoV,WoE are interchangable because the games use the same engine. In fact, you can download desert maps for WoE or jungle maps for WoV and so on. I'll give you this link:

http://www.thirdwire.com/projects/p1/rt_links.htm

It's a little old now and about a third of the links don't work but you can find some good stuff from the ones that do work, like the Column5 site, or capun's skunkworks page. I personally like Gramps page only because I'm from Oz

There's a newer list of links, if I can remember where it is, I'll post it for you."

There are a few problems with DirectX and the service packs but they can be easily remedied by just downloading the problem file (usually its something similar to the d3dx9_28.dll file) Google the file that isn't working, download it and you can usually save yourself a re-install

Since you're a Nugget, have a look at this:

http://www.column5.us/newb.htm

HOW do i install Planes without an .Exe (most come in Rar files) it tells me to place the files into the "aircraft" folder,but i dont got that ,suppose its from SP

how do i install such Planes?

You extract the file(s) from the .rar, .zip etc.

if you look in the WOV>Objects>Aircraft folder you should see lots of folders for different aircraft - place your new 1 in that folder too.

please also check out the knowledge base at http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99