When I install certain planes, then try to load a mission, it will get to about 80%, then give me a debug error, and close the game. I have WOV, and didn't have any problems like this. I have the 8.30.6 patch installed. PLEASE HELP!!!!

When I install certain planes, then try to load a mission, it will get to about 80%, then give me a debug error, and close the game. I have WOV, and didn't have any problems like this. I have the 8.30.6 patch installed. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Does the error message give any details?

If you cant load any planes then you need to install the latest version of direct X.

If it flags a missile.dll problem - it may be either to do with using the wrong version of the weapons editor to add weapons.

also:

The plane you have installed could have files missing or corrupt - like the models ".LOD" files for example.

Some like the Mig 25 needed the base set to large i think - otherwise it would crash the game.

Guest capun

If you need help, you need to be more specific. What system configuration do you have? What model are you having problems with? Does it work with the stock planes? Have you done the mods that usually are required for 3rd party models? (Flightengine.ini).

Are you loading a custom mission or doing a single mission from the game menu?

Here's the message that I'm getting:

The instruction at "0x01e06988" referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory

could not be "read"

ok to terminate

cancel to debug the program

It's on third party add ons, but now all of them. I have DirectX 9.0c, and even installed it again just to make sure. But still the same thing.

Here's the message that I'm getting:

The instruction at "0x01e06988" referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory

could not be "read"

ok to terminate

cancel to debug the program

It's on third party add ons, but now all of them. I have DirectX 9.0c, and even installed it again just to make sure. But still the same thing.

Do you not get a box asking you to send a report to Microsoft with that error? it should give details of the dll file causing the problem. The memory ref is meaningless in this situation.

What planes have you installed? any modern ones past 1973?

Have you had to install any weapons or tanks to go with them?

have you altered or moved any of the planes files.

So to confirm - the stock planes load up ok?

Do you not get a box asking you to send a report to Microsoft with that error? it should give details of the dll file causing the problem. The memory ref is meaningless in this situation.

What planes have you installed? any modern ones past 1973?

Have you had to install any weapons or tanks to go with them?

have you altered or moved any of the planes files.

So to confirm - the stock planes load up ok?

The Error box for Microsoft doesn't appear. I've installed most of the modern planes, and weapons, I've followed the instructions. And yes, the stock planes load fine.

The Error box for Microsoft doesn't appear. I've installed most of the modern planes, and weapons, I've followed the instructions. And yes, the stock planes load fine.

Have you changed the ending date for the game?

In the main WOV game folder there is a file called "Options.ini"

open this in Notepad and scroll down to the single mission section:

[singleMission]

AircraftType=F-5C

MissionMap=VIETNAMSEA

MissionYear=1968

StartYear=1964

EndYear=1973 <----------- Change this to 2020 or whatever then save the file and close it

see if that changes anything